• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Thanks Guys for your comments.They are very much appreciated. :v

Been awhile since last posting and back again with a small update to the Sdkz9 Famo tractor. It's 95% done with the addition of adding the clearance markers on the fenders and the latch's on the tail gate. More detail work to be done around all of the Tractor.
The windscreen has been proved by far the hardest to get together in the whole build.I shaved off the windscreen wipers and used aber wipers with Edward latch's on the front windscreen.Way easier to work with than Abers's multiple hinge parts.
SDKFZ9%20Famo%20front%201aa_zps7ywqh8eo.jpg

SDKFZ9%20Famo%20Left%20side_zpswmkj7wvk.jpg

SDKFZ%209%20Famo%20side%201_zpsadjj2frw.jpg

Sdkfz9%20Famo%20Rear%201aa_zpshpvnoydm.jpg

SDKFZ9%20Famo%20right%20side_zpseu8tczip.jpg

Sdkfz9%20famo%20complete1_zpsokzkhufi.jpg

Till next time, happy modelling

Michael :cheer: :cheer:
GREAT

Thanks Randy,

Have slowed up on the Famo for the time. Moved into building a somewhat large diorama.

Michael

Yeah? Well...when we see it? :smack :popcorn

Ha ha, Thanks Bob, :cheer: :laugh: Been head down to get some images up to show progress.
It is a small update, in 2 minds to mount Famo on freestanding board or diorama base.
Had an urge to work on a Miniart building and found this baby a challenge.
Been working on the house for the last few weeks and the Famo has been on the back burner till I work out the
diorama layout. Something like 17 years since my last large diorama and have started with the base and building first. The famo may work but if not I will work on both at the 1 time and we will see how it goes.
Collated a few items for the base and dumped into a box to keep altogether. It's early days at present more items need to be ordered.

diorama%20products_zpshglyxhqg.jpg

diorama%20back_zpsrs2cgmsk.jpg

famo%20diorama_zps5kr2c2gd.jpg

Michael :drinks :cheer: :)

Thanks Guys
Will possibly have a german officer at the top of the stairs looking down at his men.2 diorama ideas that may take place.1 involving a takom kingtiger with interior

Michael

She looks awesome Mike.
We need a comparison photo of the Famo next to your Dragon Wagon. It has a Sherman on the back if I recall.
So, what are your thoughts on the Miniart buildings? I find there is a lot of fiddling around at the start to get them together, but come up a treat once completed.
Pete

Thanks Peter,

The Miniart buildings are very labour intensive to join each wall and roof together.
If they could somehow change there style of moulding to have a join lip on each wall they would probable sell a lot more buildings.I uses a pair of scissors to trim up most of the buildings and that carved the time factor down and created a lot of mess with excess plastic.
The real issue is bonding the walls together, a combination of tamiya medium,Revell contacta proffessional and super glue and been used to bond both walls together.

Here is the photo of the size comparison from dragon wagon to famo :good:
famo%20size%20comparison%20with%20M26%20Dragon%20wagon_zpsdj4c8cv3.jpg

Michael

Hi Mike.

Good grief! It sounds as if it'd be easier and faster to use the MiniArt sections as moulds and cast your own walls from plaster or something. I'm sure glad I never got around to buying the French Farmyard building kit.

Thanks for the warniongs.

I like both your models. Interesting how the different method of towing affected the length of the combination.

Cheers from Peter

Thanks Peter,

Excuse my late reply, I post in the threads and then dissapear :pilot

Back again with further Miniart building progress,

A combination of Vellajo and Humbrol paints have been used with Mig washes

More images to follow once the floor internals to go in.

ardennes%20house%202_zpsulmyhyyw.jpg

miniart%20wall_zpsavthdp9r.jpg

Miniart%20Ardennes%20house_zpsldyltgej.jpg

Michael

Back