• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Skinny_Mike and Recon Ron,
Thanks a lot fella's for your kind words.

Sorry for the late reply, I jump on the net post the work and then skedaddle back to the workbench :snoopy :lol:

Once again back with an update on the Panzer 3 in a sort of semi completed way as after taking the photo's there is some more tidy detail work to be done.

Hope you like the work so far.
If I have missed anything out please let me know I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
Michael :v :cheer:

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20aab_zps1ssqw5xt.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20aad_zpsjpi4vcov.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20aae_zpsf2mrgfrh.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20aaf_zps1xw3es7x.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20aag_zpsgfjrkwmf.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20aah_zps8nelttro.jpeg

Like most of the folks here, I've followed this project since the start - what I find so admirable (alongside the sheer modelling skills), is that you've set and maintained the same incredibly high standard throughout. I know that's an aspect I would seriously struggle with.

Ian.

Very nice work as usual Mike ( I ran out of adjectives ) . (y) (y) (y)

Very ingenious , that shortened track idea :good: I would not have thought that up but I'm not a tanker either . Very different .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate your kind words on the project.

Will be mounted on the trailer bed by Christmas :good:

Michael

Very nice looking Panzer III. I'm curious about how and why the left track is routed the way it is. What I'm wondering is why isn't it over the drive sprocket instead of the idler wheel? I'd thinkthat the track wouldn't be able to turn the way it is. So, what am I missing there?

Thanks and cheers

Very nice looking Panzer III. I'm curious about how and why the left track is routed the way it is. What I'm wondering is why isn't it over the drive sprocket instead of the idler wheel? I'd thinkthat the track wouldn't be able to turn the way it is. So, what am I missing there?

Thanks and cheers

Pardon me Mike if I may....

The track is routed that for towing purposes as the drive sprocket is damaged.

:)

Thanks and cheers

Pardon me Mike if I may....

The track is routed that for towing purposes as the drive sprocket is damaged.

:)

Thanks. After I posted my query I realized thatthe tank was going on the trailer and thought that the way the track was routed would allow it to be winched onto that trailer. I hadn't noticed the damage to the drive sprocket.

That's a beutifully done Panzer.

Cheers

Thanks Guys,
Sorry for the late reply, head down and modelling hard.Also been a little pre-occupied with the HK models Mephis Belle which is the next large model I'd like to build.
B17%20and%20mitchell_zpsevq7jsls.jpg

Ok have been working on this tanker for a little while inbetween being distraction with the Belle.
tanker%20number%202_zpsi6qn0agk.jpg

The figure has been painted with Vellajo paints with Humbrol pink used on the face and hands as a base colour for the oil paints.
The final figure is the commander in the front seat. The 2 of them will be finished over the Christmas break.
Famo%20leader1_zpswmo5r1rp.jpg

More detailed photo's to follow.

Michael

Back