• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Hello,

Next update with the famo and trailer.

I have been delaying this particular job off for a long time because it required a little more patience to do it right.

Holes have been drilled to allow pins be be glued to hold the famo and trailer in place on the display base.
famo%20board%20with%20pins1_zpso5uvtpyp.jpg

The inner wheels on the trailer have a hole drilled in each resin tyre with the Famo front wheels also drilled to accomodate pins to help reduce any movement of the model.

trailer%20on%20board1_zpsvi1ifi7v.jpg

famo%20test%20fit%20with%20pins%20to%20board_zpsmxmwijxy.jpg

It's not much but it will help keep it all together.

It was at this stage I wanted to check the size comparison of the Famo and trailer compaired against the M26 built back in 02 and as you can see the Famo is one hell of a huge beast.

famo%20size%20comparison%20with%20M26%20Dragon%20wagon_zpsdj4c8cv3.jpg

Whilst doing that I have also been working on the 2 tankers which will be sitting on the panzer 3.
german%20tanker%201_zpsgloydl35.jpg

german%20tanker1a_zpshgugzqvr.jpg

german%20tanker%202_zpsin1kezr6.jpg

They are the kit figures which will have the heads changed out with hornet heads.

Both figures have been base coated in Humbrol Matt black with Vellajo acrylics highlight over the top of the matt black .Still working on the tankers, they need a coat of flat clear to reduce the shine and there will be uniform markings to go on both of them.

Michael

Hello Again,

Today we have the early stage of having the grey and brown colours painted on the panzer 3
I chose Humbrol colours for the tank. The trailer and tractor had been painted in Ammo acrylics and I need to break up the grey to show variation between the tractor manufacturer and the panzer manufacturer.
The Panzer 3's rolled through France pretty quickly and the interpretation was to make the grey and brown look a little sun bleached.(faded grey)
It is early stages as there is a tone of work to do and this is the early stage at present.

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20Primer%201a_zps8avioguv.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20Running%20gear_zpsfn2akt66.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20Inprog2_zpsxsce18xy.jpg

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20inprog1_zpsocp5br9g.jpg

Michael

I've always been partial to the grey and brown schemes, haven't done one yet. Will follow along. (y)

Thanks Guys,

Your words are my inspiration to move forward on this project and they are very much appreciated.

Here is the work progress of where I am now.

There was a number of washes and pigments placed around the Tank using Mig Ammo Damp Earth thinned down with the Ammo thinner used in a combination with a mixed airfield dust pigment and thinner applied with a thin brush on the lower hull.

The upper hull was given a coat of the Ammo damp earth and thinned with Ammo Thinner then applied with a wide flat brush.

The upper part of the hull raised surfaces had the Ammo Dunklegrau High Lights and a mix of Ammo grey to bring out the raised sections.

Vellajo acrylic leather was painted on the commanders hatch and the side visors also received a touch of the same colour for the forehead pads.

Mig ammo steel was painted around various edges where the crew would access getting in and out of the tank.

The tyres had been painted in the Ammo Rubber and tire colour. This colour gives a presentation of worn rubber and it's about time someone released this paint. :good:

The track received a coat of Humbrol Matt 29 with a coat of Flat clear.

I then used the Ammo track wash for the external side of the track to give a depth appearance of the track.

The track then received a coat of Humbrol Metal buff 27003 on both the inside and outside of the track to give a the track a worn appearance of travelling all those miles.

There are still a lot of areas around the tank that need rectifying with missing parts.

I hope you like where I am at present as there is a bucket load of work to be completed before mounting onto the trailer. :bang head :woohoo: :lol: :frantic

Happy modelling people :good:

Dragon%20Panzer%203%20Front%203%20qtr%20painted_zpst2e0kxgw.jpg

Rear%20end%201_zpso9qrpjil.jpg

side%20view%20of%20panzer%203%20on%20trailer_zpspsr49hia.jpg

painted%20panzer%203%20track_zpsbiymkaeq.jpg

Painted%20Panzer%203%20on%20trailer_zpshkkqhfd6.jpg

Michael

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :D

I think I am going to copy this. Son gave me a Famo and trailer so I have 2 now and just got the Panzer IVA which I have been looking for pics in the pre war grey brown scheme. Wont be anywhere like this but I love the look you have created.

James

Back