• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Hello all,

Well after a brief break from the Famo with a quick Takom Chieftam build of around 2 and a bit months I feel the Mojo is back to commence the work on the Famo.

Here is what changed my modelling and now it's out of the way we begin back with Famo and happy days ahead :yipee

Roll on the Famo :ro: :ro: :ro:

Michael

Ahhhh there's a blast-from-(my)-past... A muddy Chieftain in green/black fresh from a day on the ranges !!.

Ian.[/
b]

Most excellent. Those Chieftains are a nice kit and you've done a fantastic job on it. Nice base also. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate your words , will not let you down with the Famo, full steam ahead with the build now.

Michael :cheer:

Looks good, Michael! What is your impression of the Takom kit? Looking forward to the rest of the Famo.

(y)

Thanks Mike,

Never read any reviews on the Takom kits, it is a first and the Chieftan was a great build, instructions are decent but the big nagging thing with the kit was the molded mud flaps on the front. Shaved them off and used metal foil.
In short a good quick build.

Will commence back with the Famo this week and progress images to follow shortly, sort of shortly :hmmm :cheer:

Michael

Hello again,

Once more it is slowly getting there, have been tinkering around with trying to get the right colour for the famo front end with washes and chipping.
The problem arising for me was I had crap everywhere on the painting desk and needed to rectify the sprall of products.
The result, clean work platform,easy assess (y)
famo%20front%20end_zpsgysakttb.jpg

This is what the paint desk was before
painting%20desk%20before_zpspsgvnnda.jpg

This what it looks like after the cleanup
painting%20desk%20after_zpshhmmnuzu.jpg

Michael

I like the new set up. I have heard though that a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind :evil: :rotf
James

The Panzer Grey looks very good!...your painting job on this Famo is extremely realistic :good:

...Congratulations!

Luiz

Really very nice! The blend of colors looks spot on. (y) :drinks

Mess up the bench a little so folks know you've been busy. :laugh:

The work area is looking good Michael! (y) I have a room and it goes from stuff piled everywhere to everything put away so I can start piling stuff up again.

That Famo is looking good!

Something to keep in mind, while those vehicles took a beating, they had fairly decent paint on them to begin with. Thus the paint didn't just chip off. They don't look like the old bulldozers that have been sitting outside for years, and they weren't getting into a lot of salt and corrosive stuff like in the northern US states. Chips and scratches would get a little rust around them, but they tended to just get dirty and beat up. Also remember that they were mainly used for a max of 3 or 4 years. While there was snow and mud there wasn't salt and such to add to the corrosion.

Just something to consider.

Back