• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Thank you everyone.

Heavans Eagle
Yeah I know what you mean.The vehicle is France 1940, intentionally not trying to chip the famo too much just enough to portray wear around the engine access panels, crew compartment and in the trailer bed. From some of the reference photo's around the place there is not too many of them out in the scrub,open terrain.

Cheers,
Michael

Superb work Buddy. Very realistic Paint Job. Looking forward to seeing the Famo in Person when complete.....Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark

May be at QMHE,no promises I may try and drag it out a little longer till next year :good: :rotf

Michael :laugh:

Hello again,
Work on famo, limited
interim project, Radio Van has my attention.Sorry FAMO :pinch:

Intention was to have a Mantis Miniature bulldog sitting in front seat of the Famo.
It was going to be a tight squeeze with the dog and the 3 guys in the front.
Option 2 bulldog will now sit on floor in Radio Van.
Will have to look for a smaller mutt to fit in the famo.
Really smashing the work on the radio van.Will be back to famo shortly. :good:
radio%20van%20progress%202_zps0osorudc.jpg

radio%20van%20progress%201_zpszh9y5et7.jpg

Next update will be on the Famo.

Michael :)

Hi Mike
After a few years break its taking me a while to catch up with the builds here. I have to say i love this thread and in particular i love your painting, effective wear and tear and weathering is an art in itself and something i would love to master like you. Keep the pictures coming , i'm learning all the time from this :)
I have some pretty square canvas saddle bags for a despatch bike to tackle soon and your tarpaulin on the half track has given me some ideas.
Threads like this we can all learn from are excellent so thanks for spending the time to detail your build :)

Thanks Paddy, Apologies for the delay, and Hello again,

Here is the next stage of applying the primer on the panzer 3 with Mig Ammo primer along with the other current WIP. Opel radio van stowage, tyres and radio operator head.
I found the radio wires and smaller components that go with the radio's very tedious but well worth the effort.

panzer%203%20and%20products%20before%20primer_zps6rpr0n63.jpg

radio%20van%20side_zps1jsvrdd7.jpg

radio%20operator%20head_zpscdyuuoni.jpg

Radio%20van%20internal%201_zpsq7jyziro.jpg

radio%20van%20tyres%20and%20stowage%20before%20primer%20paint_zps04np57pj.jpg

before%20priming_zpsp1froycu.jpg

DML%20panzer%203%20primed_zpstbtpv8zu.jpg

primed%20panzer%203%20and%20componets_zpsna41fpx5.jpg

Michael

First off, very very cool project. Second WOW what a nice paint rack. Let the jealousy commence :D
James

Man, there's so much to look at there it's hard to catch it all. That seat cushion color and effect really jumped out at me and I'd say you nailed the wiring on the radio. (y) :drinks

Going back for another look. B)

Hey Mike,

Great looking build! Loved everything in all the photos! Some fantastic attention to detail!

Can't wait to see it all finished!

Bob

Wow, nothing left to add to the other comments except... " Are your prices on paints reasonable ?

"I don't think I ever seen that many paints available in any one hobby shop "... :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Back