• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Guys thanks again , apologies for the late reply, have been consistently head down and figure painting .

I Appreciate your words and they inspire me to show the next outcome of work .

worked with the base kit figure , glued together with Tamiya thin glue , very little in the way of filler when using the Tamiya thin or thick glues because this glue welds the joints together.Was a big user of Revell but was talked into trying the Tamiya glues and now that's all you need with plastic figures.

Ok, the head area is dremelled out to allow the hornet head to recess within the torso.
I then painted the figure with Mig's ammo primer .The primer is easy to use because you can drop it into the airbrush with 1-2 drops of the Ammo thinner and away you go , easy .Was a Humbrol primer man but the Mig Ammo is the easier option.
The uniform and cap are painted with the good old Humbrol enamel paints, combination of 2 colours for the jacket and Matt stone 31 for the pants and then highlighted with matt 147 and matt 31 stone .
The jacket was Humbrol 226 and Humbrol 147 mixed to get a highlighted tone.

Oil paints used for the face and arms with a small black pin wash for the fingers and face .
Applied in the ears,mouth and eyes.
I then gloss coated the areas where the decals are to be placed using Testors Glosscote and applied Tamiya decals with Mr Gunze Mark softener .
Once dry a coat of Testers Dullcote was sprayed on the cap and uniform .
Here is the brief sequence below on what was done and where this chap will be seated .

Hope you like the outcome .

Michael

Hi Mike,

How did I miss this one?

A fantastic job of building, painting and weathering!

What a lot of work! But it will be worth all the time and effort when it's finished!

Can't wait to see it completely finished! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Thanks Bob , Ian and Luiz .

Your words are very much Appreciated :) :good: :) :drinks :cheer:

Have started a new job and the modelling side has been delayed a little .

That and the fact of doing some research on the battle damage on the panzer 3

example below but not as many impacts.

Also in 2 minds to continue on with painting the figures or put the front cab compartment together.

The rifles will be in the racks in the back seat and I have both Eduard and Aber etch clamps for the rifles.

The Eduard clamps are easy to go together but the Aber rifle clamps look like they have more detail.

I do not want to stuff this area up as all modeller's like myself like to peer into the cab looking for more :hmmm

The rifles need to be glued in the rifle clamps and glued in the rear compartment before the engine hood/front end connect to the cab.
You can see in this image that the it would be hard to place the rifles in the racks once glued together.

The eduard rifle clamp

The aber rifle clamps

The aber ones look way better in detail up close so here is an area where the rifle will look good in this clamp.

Too right Bob,

There is like 9 rifle clamps to do :eek:hmy: , but when in place with the rifles they will look sweet .
I'm using the standard Tamiya K98 rifles and they fit well on the rubber base in the cab , still have good detail for an old rifle :good:

Michael :)

Hello ,

Another quick one..
Spent a few hows on the rifle rack holders today , all I have to do is include the bolts on the other side of the
latches and we're good to go for paint :hmmm

Sorry only the 1 photo for now :v

Michael :)

Back