• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Ok the rifles are finally in ,a little bit more touch up painting and it's back to the figures again .

Michael

Looking very good Michael . Your problem seems to forever be my bane with short run birds and aftermarket cockpits.

Glad to see you finally got it to a positive conclusion (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Guys,

Hopefully the sides and cab will glued together this week .All going to plan next weekend there will be a cab to test fit the driver and crew. :hmmm :good:

Michael :)

Hello again,

Test fitted the engine/troop and cargo compartments.
The beast comes together for the first time. :hmmm :hmmm

Michael

That is one great looking piece of Artwork ... Excellent Job, and I know She's not finished, but Man when she is :woohoo: (y) :woohoo:

Fabulous detail and workmanship Mike (y) (y) (y)

Now put the steering wheel on and we'll test drive it :cheer:

Cheers, Christian B)

Someone else mentioned it above - This is pretty d*mn close to 'art', and it isn't even finished yet.

Ian.

Thanks Again guys
Sorry for the late reply.
Have most of the resin heads painted for the Famo crew and they are all near completion.

will drop them in the thread tomorrow our time 1/1/16 :cheer: may be a little later in the day from the drinking tonight . :drinks Happy New Year :drinks :cheer:

Thanks Again guys
Sorry for the late reply.
Have most of the resin heads painted for the Famo crew and they are all near completion.

will drop them in the thread tomorrow our time 1/1/16 :cheer: may be a little later in the day from the drinking tonight . :drinks Happy New Year :drinks :cheer:

So, we are going to be kept in suspense until next year for the next update ay mike? :frantic Well then, Happy New Years to ya!!! :drinks :drinks

Happy New Year Mike ... If this one comes to Eagle Quest this year a sure winner !!! Don't drink & drive !!! :drinks

:woohoo: "You Might Hit a Bump and Spill it. :rotf

Excellent work been a pleasure tagging along with this build ... (y) (y) (y)

Ha ha , thanks Guys

Trust me this Famo will be finished this year....I hope ha ha :laugh: :laugh:

Ok new year and photos to be displayed
The remaining crew figures are painted in Vallejo acrylics with oil paints used for the hands and faces,placing eyebrows on the figures is a big challenge,sorry, did not do a macro shot to show the level of detail.
The remaining figures have received a coat of Gloss coat in the areas where the shoulder boards and collar tabs are to go .
There are a couple of figures I still have to add hands to but the decals are to be applied first.
Done a bit more work on detailing the engine covers. The front and side sections of the drivers cab have been glued together although not been glued to the chassis.

The positioning of the figures and accessories + further detailing will be required before the cab is finally glued on.

Wishing you all a happy 2016

Michael

Back