• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Both look very good to me. Looking forward to rest - no pressure you understand :evil:

Ian.

Thanks Guys,

Yes the Vallejo acrylics are a learning lesson . Learnt that the figure have to be primed for the paint to work effectively .Once the acrylic is brushed on the figure it is in a lighter colour but once it dries it dries to a slightly darker shade .Interesting :hmmm .

Predominately used Humbrol enamels for 20 + years and have jumped onto the acrylic paint band wagon :good: :lol:

Back to these figures and which one will I do in enamel or acrylic...
enamel :fencing acrylic :laugh:

Michael

Mike give the Andrea paint line a shot. I only have the flesh range of colors from them but I could see a major difference, they seem to blend better, they seem to active after they have dried when you try and blend in other colors with them. Like you get a base coat down then come in with a shadow, the shadow blends in the base rather than sitting on top of it. If I ever got into full on figure painting I would get a full set of Andrea paints.

The Paint variations look more realistic to me. No 2 Uniforms are exactly the same so some tonal differences looks much better. Lovely work on the Figs to Mike.....Cheers mark

Understand your learning on acrylic Mike. I'm at that point now changing over. Keep at it. Project looking goooooooooooood! (y)

Thanks Guys

Mike give the Andrea paint line a shot. I only have the flesh range of colors from them but I could see a major difference, they seem to blend better, they seem to active after they have dried when you try and blend in other colors with them. Like you get a base coat down then come in with a shadow, the shadow blends in the base rather than sitting on top of it. If I ever got into full on figure painting I would get a full set of Andrea paints.

Bob,
The funny thing about this is I do also have the Andrea German uniform paints and they are fantastic as well. :good:
The guy in the rear trailer has been painted in the Andrea colours .

I thought of throwing in variation with the Vallejo as well .Mark hit the nail on the head with the uniform colour as no 2 uniforms are identical .In effect I have 3 methods to show from the crew in the cab.

Wow, I need to slow down :frantic :beer

Michael :cheer:

Thanks Guys

Bob,
The funny thing about this is I do also have the Andrea German uniform paints and they are fantastic as well. :good:
The guy in the rear trailer has been painted in the Andrea colours .

I thought of throwing in variation with the Vallejo as well .Mark hit the nail on the head with the uniform colour as no 2 uniforms are identical .In effect I have 3 methods to show from the crew in the cab.

Wow, I need to slow down :frantic :beer

Michael :cheer:

Also Crews wore differing Uniforms wearing what they could get so a mixture of Clothing would look more natural than every Fig wearing the same thing.

Ha ha ,Thanks Bob

I have been mucking around with the various front panels of the Famo with darkening the panels with a Ammo wash to try and create a realistic appearance.
In the image below I used an Ammo wash to bring the side panel down to a suttle appearance to try and replicate a realism effect.
The Ammo wash said it was to be used with dark yellow as a base but looking at this image it suited the panel quite well.
here is the next figure to be painted in enamels .
It will be a combination of figures as mentioned earlier with the change of uniform appearance .
Ie: not to try an replicate a identical painted crew member .

Michael

Back