• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T 34 'ChTZ' version

Re: T 34 and German trench

Very cool Ron, good stuff but..

I wonder if a factory fresh tank would be this pitted, would this be years of oxidation at work?

Yes AND no. :D

There is this thing of years of oxidation for sure!
BUT....under Stalin's U.S.S.R they used sometimes some really bad armor-plate with these dents in it,they didn't care much about the quality of it....If a tank was ready they put it into action as soon as possible,there are cases known that some tanks even didn't get painted and went into battle in it's bare metal,by the way.

For the people who know this Tamiya 'ChTZ' kit,know that the turret allready has this rough texture.
I have sanded the plate a bit,like Tom said,but ofcourse you don't see that very clear in the pics.Think it will look ok when I have finished this one.
Would not use this method as heavy on U.S or Western European tanks as I did on this Russki one.

Greetings,Ron.

Dear Ron.

...super nice choice...great stuff...hope to see a stuning job ;)

Best! :drinks

Luiz.

Hi Ron! That casting texture you've added is going to really look good under the paints! (y) :drinks

Very cool Ron, good stuff but..

I wonder if a factory fresh tank would be this pitted, would this be years of oxidation at work?

Yes AND no. :D

There is this thing of years of oxidation for sure!
BUT....under Stalin's U.S.S.R they used sometimes some really bad armor-plate with these dents in it,they didn't care much about the quality of it....If a tank was ready they put it into action as soon as possible,there are cases known that some tanks even didn't get painted and went into battle in it's bare metal,by the way.

For the people who know this Tamiya 'ChTZ' kit,know that the turret allready has this rough texture.
I have sanded the plate a bit,like Tom said,but ofcourse you don't see that very clear in the pics.Think it will look ok when I have finished this one.
Would not use this method as heavy on U.S or Western European tanks as I did on this Russki one.

Greetings,Ron.

Yeah I remember reading somewhere about Soviet tanks rolling off the assembly lines directly into battle, Kirsk maybe or Stalingrad?

Anywho...

:soldier :popcorn

Yeah,I know I neglected this one. :blush:
Short update...

T-34_zon4.jpg

T-34_zon3.jpg

T-34_zon2.jpg

T-34_zon1.jpg

Maybe some minor details and then paint 'Mister T-room',and ofcourse the Friul tracks[gonna try the Uschi vd Rosten stuff on these]

Greetings,Ron.

Looking good, Ron! The Uschi track treatment works well, i know you'll like it. (y) :drinks

Thanks,Mike!

First time I will use this stuff,bit curious how this will turn out.
IF I will not like it,I will turn back to my normal method which looks ok in my eyes.

Greetings,Ron.

Looking forward to see the result with the tracks, i ordered that stuff to for trying it.
And before you start painting, cut off the two things on the front of the tank, that's not a original t-34 feature, it's something that was done on a testing ground in america for towing it, i read somewhere...
Great build so far Ron!
//Mats

And before you start painting, cut off the two things on the front of the tank, that's not a original t-34 feature
//Mats

You are right,O wise Swedish one. :D

To be honest,I almost forgot about that,...and I studied a whole lot of T-34/76 pictures,so I had to knew.
Thanks for the heads up,Mats! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Glad i could help :) don't understand why tamiya don't take away those things
//Mats

Its one of those things you have to remove AFTER you've glued it on. Always after you say "Leave these off".
Been there, done that.

Looking good Ron!!

Mike B)

With almost no benchtime for me still a tiny update.

First time I used the AK heavy chipping fluid,it beats the usual normal hairspray method I think.
Mixed up some Tamiya paint,NATO green and SKY,to get some Russian green to my liking.[there are so many shades of Russki green,you know].
Then came 3 layers of the AK stuff,followed by Tamiya White.
Moistened the tank with water,and brushed off the white,maybe a bit too much,but I can still correct it.
It will get some washes,maybe a wash of white enamel or oil paint localy.

T34_ww1.jpg

T34_ww2.jpg

T34_ww3.jpg

T34_ww4.jpg

Still got a lot to do on this one,...hope to find more benchtime...some how. :unsure:
Catch you later!

Greetings,Ron.

Looking nice Ron! my T-34 is on hold to, i hope to get busy with it soon again, i'm lucky to have some benchtime every day (so far :))
:soldier :soldier
//Mats

Back