• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T 34 'ChTZ' version

reconron

Hi everybody,

Thought it is about time to start with my 'ChiTZ' tank. :D
It will be a recently knocked out tank leaning on a German trench with some Tamiya infantry.
Got some Eduard photo etch and Friul tracks for it.
This might take some time to finish,so please be patient with me.

Here are the starting pics;

T_Zimmer_1.jpg

T_Zimmer_2.jpg

T_Zimmer_3.jpg

T_Zimmer4.jpg

T_Zimmer_5.jpg

T_Zimmer_6.jpg

Greetings,Ron.

Re: T 34 and German trench

:popcorn
Nice choice of model (y) :D
It "almost" fall together by itself, but there is work to do to make it look correct (i cut off the worst part on mine, the back).
I will follow this one Ron :geek
//Mats

Ah yes.....I knew there was something that I forgot. :D

Well,I did some work on it,....but not that much,not really picture worthy.
But you guys are right.Have to put my teeth into this one.

Greetings,Ron.

Well folks,.....still no W.I.P pictures,just had too many other things to do.
Did some work on this one,but nothing much picture-worthy.

There seems to be the question of the Tamiya offering of this model has the correct back-side,so I dived on to the subject with a big internet search.
I have decided,after consulting our good friend Iron Mike,to go on with the Tamiya back-side.... :D

Well,I have seen many,many pictures from T-34's,and I found this Russian site,I want to share with you all:

http://legion-afv.narod.ru/T-34-76.html

Great source on the subject![walkarounds]I've bookmarked it!

More to come,but don't know when.....[Yes you heard that more coming from me] :D

Greetings,Ron.

Take your time Ron, we will be sitting here getting fat from all the cola and popcorn! hahaha
Groetjes Mats

Take your time Ron but hurry up about it !!

Listen Ive just posted up pictures so so can you LOL

Hi folks!

With not much bench-time but pressure from Andy,I decided to show you a little bit... :D

I have seen a lot of T-34 pictures lately.One thing that struck me was the rough structure on these babies.
Here is an example;

T-34-76_MoscowCMMF_039.JPG

I liked to simulate this,so I put some glue on the tankie and used a stiff brush and stippeled the brush into the glue.

Would not recommend this to people who have a breathing difficulty
Ventilate the room well if you like to try this!

Ok then,here some pics;

T_Tank1.jpg

T_Tank2.jpg

T_Tank3.jpg

That's it for now,...more to come.

Greetings,Ron.

Very very cool Ron. IF you find the glue bothers you nay I suggest Mr Surfacer either 500 or 1000. I have used it with some success and its not quite so harsh on you. I'm finding after a life time around Jet fuel and all the solvents and fluids used to maintain a jet that I cant tolerate a lot of stuff any more.
What kind of brush do you use to stipple the surface? I've tried cut down paint brushes and acid brushes. Do you have a preference?
Thanks for posting this.
James

Looking good Ron!
Good to see that you find some benchtime! :)
groetjes
Mats

Very very cool Ron. IF you find the glue bothers you nay I suggest Mr Surfacer either 500 or 1000. I have used it with some success and its not quite so harsh on you. I'm finding after a life time around Jet fuel and all the solvents and fluids used to maintain a jet that I cant tolerate a lot of stuff any more.
What kind of brush do you use to stipple the surface? I've tried cut down paint brushes and acid brushes. Do you have a preference?
Thanks for posting this.
James

You are very welcome,James!

here are the 'tools of the trade',the brush is just a simple cheap flat nr. 4[think it's hog's bristles],
If the hairs are stiff on a brush,it will work,no need to use a pricy one.
The glue is from Humbrol,but Revell,UHU and so on will just work as well.

penseel.jpg

And oh yeah,Mr Surfacer will work.BUT the glue has the pro,that it will really 'eat' into the plastic,giving you more dents into the surface.

Greetings,Ron.

Hi folks!

With not much bench-time but pressure from Andy,I decided to show you a little bit... :D

I have seen a lot of T-34 pictures lately.One thing that struck me was the rough structure on these babies.
Here is an example;

T-34-76_MoscowCMMF_039.JPG

I liked to simulate this,so I put some glue on the tankie and used a stiff brush and stippeled the brush into the glue.

Would not recommend this to people who have a breathing difficulty
Ventilate the room well if you like to try this!

Ok then,here some pics;

T_Tank1.jpg

T_Tank2.jpg

T_Tank3.jpg

That's it for now,...more to come.

Greetings,Ron.

Very cool Ron, good stuff but..

I wonder if a factory fresh tank would be this pitted, would this be years of oxidation at work?

Looks good Ron, I'm doing the same type of work on my King Tiger right now. I may have gone
too far on the German tank, but yours looks right for Russian.

I would try to get in there and sand the plate a bit smoother, not too smooth, leaving some of the pits, but
leave the cast turret very rough.

Keep it up!
Tom

Back