• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spirit of St Louis build thread

Nothing new for a couple of days ...... Times a wasting ..... I'm going to Launch ..... Cye-Ya!!! .... :eek:ldguy

Lost track of this after page 3!! :smack

Looking amazing Bob! VERY nice recovery after the fiasco with the rattle can!

Looks like a million bucks!!!

(y)

Well I tried to git'er done before the end of the weekend.

Now y'all know why I wanted to get it finished, would have liked to come back to a clean work bench.

So this is how close I got.

Like I said the cylinder heads are void of detail, Using James' suggestion about using Taurus Model spark plugs really made a difference. I used some brass tubing for the push rod covers and a .5mm tube for the spark plug wire guide. .2mm lead wire was used for the spark wire.

h11f4500.jpg

hc4418cc.jpg

h9cc0dd5.jpg

h48e16f0.jpg

Gave the rudder a bit of a kick...

The prop is not done. I want to get a couple more clear coats on it and get a nice chrome finish to the blades. If you look at the spinner you'll see it's very pointy, this is the second spinner and the machining effect is not there. Its more of a dark aluminum and so will this be.

Hope y'all like it. See ya in a couple of days. Thanks!

Looks fantastic Bob. See you soon buddy :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen
James

Well I'm calling her done.

I'm not real proud of the prop, may come back and redo it but the rest I'm satisfied with.

h7ccdc55.jpg

hc206de1.jpg

h93604a3.jpg

ha8725db.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement and patience. :mpup

Back