• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spirit of St Louis build thread

That turned out great Bob!

One of my favorite old timey movies is ''The Spirit of Saint Louis'' starring Jimmy Stewart, even though I have seen that movie several times the take-off scene from New York still has me holding my breath every time I watch it, what a scene. :woohoo: No CGI here. :eek:ldguy

Matrixone

Well that's another one done ..... Now what ??? ..... This is a great looking build .... congrats ..... :eek:ldguy

Think you did a splendid job on the SOSL,MP! (y)

Those little dark spots on the prop?..just call them battle damage. :rotf

Gr,Ron.

Gr,Ron.

:bang head :bang head :bang head yep that's the problem. OK redoing the prop!

Hey,who knows,maybe Lindberghs aircraft looked that way after it's long flight... :idonno

Probably did. But here's the thing. The nose of the prop spinner is pointed, this means it's the spinner that was installed prior to the arrival at Roosevelt Field. The spinner cracked en-route and they had to have another one fabricated, that was has a more rounded point to it and it's the one currently installed on the Spirit. So for the rivet counters I gotta make it pristine.

At this point, I'm not taking this to any shows, if I redo the prop correctly I may but we'll see.

Gr,Ron.

Hey,who knows,maybe Lindberghs aircraft looked that way after it's long flight... :idonno

Probably did. But here's the thing. The nose of the prop spinner is pointed, this means it's the spinner that was installed prior to the arrival at Roosevelt Field. The spinner cracked en-route and they had to have another one fabricated, that was has a more rounded point to it and it's the one currently installed on the Spirit. So for the rivet counters I gotta make it pristine.

At this point, I'm not taking this to any shows, if I redo the prop correctly I may but we'll see.

But in all honesty , it is doubtful that the judges will be that knowledgeable :idonno

Cheers, Christian

Gr,Ron.

But in all honesty , it is doubtful that the judges will be that knowledgeable :idonno

Cheers, Christian

So many jokes.... :rotf :beer :good:

Well Lindburg could have flown a Fokker across the Atlantic......

the Fokker's wings froze up.....the Fokker wouldn't start.....etc....etc.....

:pilot :rotf

So, basically what you're saying is that Lindberg wouldn't fly that Fokker? :D :tomato

Back