• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spirit of St Louis build thread

Progress...

That's one BIG decal. They really have nice decals but you have to be careful with them. REALLY thin carrier film that just disappears when dried.
h9ed4538.jpg

hbb634c6.jpg

Adding control lines with EZ-Line

h406d2e7.jpg

Using .3mm nickle rod from Albion Alloys on the ailerons, space too small to stretch the EZline in place.

h22c1b0d.jpg

Hope you like it. :D

The cylinder heads are surprisingly sparse of detail. I'm going to figure out how to do a spark plug and wiring for it, should come up out the cowl between the two push rod covers.

Get - R - Done !!! :ro: :dude ...... I think a man could make a indexing jig for doing this in real life ..... You would have to sharpen your eraser depending on the scale of said craft ...... Excellent Work ..... :popcorn

Progress...

That's one BIG decal. They really have nice decals but you have to be careful with them. REALLY thin carrier film that just disappears when dried.
h9ed4538.jpg

hbb634c6.jpg

Adding control lines with EZ-Line

h406d2e7.jpg

Using .3mm nickle rod from Albion Alloys on the ailerons, space too small to stretch the EZline in place.

h22c1b0d.jpg

Hope you like it. :D

The cylinder heads are surprisingly sparse of detail. I'm going to figure out how to do a spark plug and wiring for it, should come up out the cowl between the two push rod covers.

Looking good Bob (y) (y) :drinks

What is that tool laying next to the drill bit ? :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris, ever had a root canal? That's the rasp/file they use to clean out the tooth...I got some slightly used ones from my dentist. (y)

Looks gorgeous bob.
As for Spark Plugs, why not use the Taurus ones? They have 4 or 5 different types.
Chris and Bob, I bought my root canal files off ebay for cheap and they were new, not used.
James

Chris, ever had a root canal? That's the rasp/file they use to clean out the tooth...I got some slightly used ones from my dentist. (y)

That's exactly what I thought it was . I'd like to have some myself . Not sure I want the root canal to get them though :S

Cheers, Christian B)

That's exactly what I thought it was . I'd like to have some myself . Not sure I want the root canal to get them though :S

Cheers, Christian B)

I would welcome one instead of what i'm facing... :blink :rotf

James I think I got some Taurus plugs (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

I would welcome one instead of what i'm facing... :blink :rotf

James I think I got some Taurus plugs (y)

I agree . Maybe it would help to think of it as the king size version :tomato

Cheers, Christian B)

The cowl looks just perfect, Bob. I just know you going to 'nail' this project, 'can almost feel the enthusiasm with each post.

Ian.

Back