• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Silverwings Curtis P6-E Hawk Build

Thanks for the advice guys. Well you know me, I didn't wait for an answer. Figure if I screw it up I could strip it all down and start again. Not bad but not worthy of a picture yet. You'll see...:evil:

Well, the n just scratch out the word patience and type in " Damn the torpedoes " :captain

Cheers, Christian B)

You know me Chris. :captain

he98eb58.jpg

h783f772.jpg

Well, the side talons are decal accented by ta :good: miya gloss black. It wasn't so bad, you just had one stroke you're dealing with before I reloaded the brush with thinner and then more paint. Sorry to have caused all the conversation about it but it was really my only option, paint supplies are low.

I put another coat of Drab on the fuselage and tested making a mask from the decals, I did, at the cost of the decal...but they gave me spare for the shape I'm needing so no lose. I'm going to box this up and let that humbrol drab cure up a couple of days before trying to spray the black nose. If you see the next picture it being all drab...you'll know how bad I failed! :frantic

HAHAHAHA :rotf Yup . Just glad you were not a member of EOD. :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Very great job on the talons Bob .... Oh crap the whole thing looks good ..... I'll be watching for the next Update ..... :popcorn

MP
I think You are doing a great job on this one. (y) The spats have good contrast - well, black and white -DUH- :facepalm , I mean, you did a good job of replacing the dreaded decals.

Its hard to imagine this is a resin kit sure looks like a injection moulding;

So keep at it and also getting "weller"; I took nearly 4+ weeks but I are an old coot :stinker :eek:ldguy

Thanks Steve.

Just got back from the Doc and seems things have passed. Just got to get the umpht back.

The kit is great, maybe if I had taken a bit more time cleaning up mating surfaces I wouldn't have had such gaps to fill in. Very good quality kit I have to say, not a Tamiya by any means but it's going together well.

I felt the mojo flowing....

hf5a3147.jpg

haee122a.jpg

hc10978a.jpg

h7d52123.jpg

I was scared as hell pulling that mask off waiting to see the drab peel away but it's solid as a rock. I'm going to have to work on the black some to get a consistent finish as the dead flat Drab sucked up any glossy effect of the Tamiya X1. I wanted to use it to be consistent with the black on the landing gear. I feel several layers of gloss coming up before I attempt any decal work.

Tomorrow's menu...Chrome Yellow. :pilot :coolio

Glad to hear your feeling better MP ..... and back at the bench .... don't sweat the small stuff looks very good ..... :eek:ldguy

Really coming-on now, boss. Mind-you I said something similar a few weeks back and, erm.... :blush:

Ian.

It's a long road my friend...and I'm driving a row boat.... :skipper

Figured to use the Testors Lacquer Clear Gloss at this point before attempting any decals.

The good
h23aa391.jpg

with the Bad...

h8d5bb2b.jpg

:bang head :bang head :bang head

I don't know why it did that. I know I can fix it but DANG!!!! :frantic

Back