• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Silverwings Curtis P6-E Hawk Build

I didn't see where you said what the OD was, if it was enamel I could under stand that reaction if acrylic :idonno

Humbrol Khaki Drab. I don't get it, it went on fine on the other side.

I know Chris, I know.... :facepalm

Dave I got a bit of orange peal on the black, light sanding should take care of that I think.

Soon as the drab cures I'll give it a light sanding and use an Acrylic gloss coat this time. :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

:rotf :rotf :rotf Sorry Bob . Just wondering if maybe you missed that spot with the Future ?

@Paul...:rotf

We have Yellow Wings. :frantic

haf462cd.jpg

h90fb558.jpg

hee5f013.jpg

Would you believe they are just dry fitted into place right now? That speaks to the quality of the Silverwings kits.

Yellow #4, I got a Polyscale paint that had it on the label but I'm not really sure if it's right, that's what the instructions called for but the FS numbers don't match up. Polyscale is giving me trouble. Thinned with WATER! Nice milky consistency to it in the jar and in the color cup but it starts spitting out chunks, like it's drying in the bottom of the color cup.

I got Chrome Yellow but that's not what's called for, whatcha'll think? Good enough and press on or what? It's a dead flat right now, I'm going to do a light sanding and then gloss coat Acrylic! :facepalm

I don't remember the wings on that one but I always thought chrome yellow :idonno

Here's a daylight shot :good:

Curtiss_P-6E_Hawk_USAF.jpg

Polyscale seems to like having some Model Master Acrylic thinner in the mix.

Cheers, Christian B)

I did the AccMin SBD-1 a few yrs back with yeller wings. If I recall right, it called for Chrome Yellow but, I used Blue Angels Yellow instead and it turned out purty good. Love them Yeller wings!! :woohoo: (y)

Looks good to me.

I got a question though. I often hear that yellow is so hard to paint, what's the idea behind that?

The closest I get is Dunkelgelb, which is really a greenish sandy color, so what give when you AC guys discuss yellow?

Thanks guys, I got the main landing gear on and they look good. Started to work on the wings but could not get the dihedral right so I need to back off and get a rig kit. Thinking about that one from UMM as I need some other stuff from them as well. I'll get a shot of the gear and let Chris inspect for correct angle and everything...hope I pass that test! :frantic

Back