• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Short Range Saucers.

You best leave well enough alone .... But if your gonna do that might as well fix up a ring counter for those LED's if you step them off and do every 3 on three outputs ..... it would make a marquee effect .... good to find someone here who understands Electronics .... :eek:ldguy

I went with a 555 and some caps, so it's simple pulsing between the top and bottom, as if it's idling.

I have a bunch of 4017s and 555s, so I was going with a chaser, but with the caps and resistors on hand I could had to go with 10 digits. Since there are 14 ports, I was going to run two lines towards eachother and use the extra as cockpit lights, but there would be a pause after the two 7s meet. Then I was going to pull 2,4 and 6 out of the line, so it sort of accelerated towards the end. That meant I'd have 4 circuits going in this tiny 4" hull and my head started to swim with keeping track, so I went back to a simple flasher.

Besides, I've got the 1/6 B9 Robot kit with fiber optics and sound cards waiting to be built for when I want to lose my mind. :hmmm

Ok still looks good ..... Just saying .... I tried to do a logic circuit using Boolean algebra for a double track figure eight RR crossing ... :frantic :smack :frantic ... I see that you have considered all possibilities .... and there is the size .... good luck on the Robot ..... :popcorn

Ok still looks good ..... Just saying .... I tried to do a logic circuit using Boolean algebra for a double track figure eight RR crossing ... :frantic :smack :frantic ... I see that you have considered all possibilities .... and there is the size .... good luck on the Robot ..... :popcorn

All geek-speak ta me... :blink :unsure: :idonno

Well this is the Geek Up group build ..... :geek ..... :ro: :dude

Well this is the Geek Up group build ..... :geek ..... :ro: :dude

:facepalm :notworthy :notworthy

I tried to do a logic circuit using Boolean algebra for a double track figure eight RR crossing ... :frantic :smack :frantic ...

Woof. Talkin' well over my paygrade now. :idonno

I was big into N gauge, but that was before all the digital stuff around these days. You just had to be quick on switching polarity once the engine crossed over the insulators. Train-wise, I have to be content with setting up the Lionel Harry Potter set under the Chrismas tree these days a layout is out of the question in terms of space, time and money.

I tried to do a logic circuit using Boolean algebra for a double track figure eight RR crossing ... :frantic :smack :frantic ...

I was big into N gauge, but that was before all the digital stuff around these days. You just had to be quick on switching polarity once the engine crossed over the insulators. Train-wise, I have to be content with setting up the Lionel Harry Potter set under the Chrismas tree these days a layout is out of the question in terms of space, time and money.

Boolean algebra is nothing Just A Not or B Not = AB not would be a input from a and gate that came from a inverted Or gate ..... :rotf ..... My train layout is being made in a !0' X 10' room ..... Just saying .... but then We don't have any Kids so there are two extra rooms here .... (Why didn't I take the Bigger one ... :facepalm

They lost me when they said "electricity"

And 0+0=0
1+1=1
0+1=0
Or 0+0=0
1+1=1
0+1=1
NOr 0+0=1
1+1=0
0+1=0
NAnd 0+0=1
0+1=1
1+1=0
2.png

Easy peasy. :D
James

They lost me when they said "electricity"

:eek:hmy: Shocking!! :pp

..... My train layout is being made in a !0' X 10' room ..... Just saying .... but then We don't have any Kids so there are two extra rooms here .... (Why didn't I take the Bigger one ... :facepalm

I finished off the attic, but with the pitch of the roof, there's only 9 feet (wide) of useable space, broken up into two rooms of 12 and 16 feet long, with knee walls for storage behind them. On the 12 foot side I have my bench, a resin vacuum/pressure setup, Inventory and stash. On the 16 foot side I have the kid's art table, a few bass amps, basses, a drum kit and an Axis and Allies table.

I could probably squeeze a 6" N gauge shelf run the length with turnarounds in the corner. :silly:

Sounds like Your man cave is full ..... you could go with the put it down - take it up N scale T-track concept ......

hdf2f87a.JPG

This layout covers two 30"X 8' tables side by side ..... then it all stores in 2 large plastic totes when finished ...... :eek:ldguy

Back