• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 253 le Beob.Pz.Wg.

I missed this starting-up, Ron... is this an artillery spotter ??

Ian.

Officially it's called Leichter Beobachtungs Panzerwagen,translated as light observation armoured car.
It was used mainly as forward observer mostly in Stug units.Stugs were part of the artillery instead of the Tank Arm.
You could call it Arti Recon. ;)

Long story short: Yep,artillery spotter. :D

Gr,Ron.

Yep,still here folks. :D

The use of the Vallejo Surface Primer turned out great!
After that I used Future (still got a bit of the old formula) and several coats and shades of Panzer Grey followed by enamel and oil paints washes,went for a used look, and this will be followed by stripy white wash camo.

h9b3759f.JPG

h7179c6a.JPG

h49377e2.JPG

h45d58bc.JPG

h8272366.JPG

h5d0e25f.JPG

Pigment work,more layers will follow,You will not see much of it once it is on the base,but working with pigments are kinda therapy for me. :lol:

h0a40207.JPG

h99812f7.JPG

More to come later,thanks for dropping by!
Gr,Ron.

Thanks guys I do appreciate it! :good:
Experimenting with Gouache Paint now for the "zebra" white wash...maybe pictures coming weekend IF I do find the time.

Gr,Ron.

Sd.Kfz. 253 le Beob.Pz.Wg. "zebra"

Missus:"what's that,is it a zebra?"
Me:"...eh,yeah...it's a zebra" :D

Experimenting with Gouache to get the typical field applied White Wash stripes as seen on the box art.
I used White and Cold Grey by Talens,the grey is mainly used on the shadow parts of the vehicle,and a white grey mix on some parts,white mainly on the parts that catch the most light.
Adding a bit of tap water to the Gouache will benefit the scruffy look.

h04f819e.JPG

h7f11238.JPG

h478158f.JPG

h6f329b8.JPG

More to come later.
Gr,Ron.

More therapy (pigment work)

I've added one more layer of pigments.The lighter the colors are,the more the dryness is.Darker colors for more moistness in the dirt.I didn't go for a complete wet look,as it will be an almost frozen scene on my dio.

h88b481f.JPG

he3fa860.JPG

hc7dbc8d.JPG

hd36daee.JPG

Yes some kit parts are broken again,going to fix that in a later stage.
(really,really,really have to stop breaking things on my models!) :bang head

Gr,Ron.

Breaking things is never good. Dang, it got cold in my room just looking at that under carriage. Nice work, Ron!

Proost! :drinks

Back