• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 253 le Beob.Pz.Wg.

reconron

^^^ That's just short in German for a Light Observation armoured car. :D

These kind of vehicles were used as forward observation vehicles in artillery units in WW2.
Mine will be from a Sturmgeschütz unit on the Eastern Front,as Stugs were under command of the artillery not the Panzerwaffe,tank arm.

hdeb3a56.JPG

h730f311.JPG

he475f9f.JPG

hc08592b.JPG

Gr,Ron.

No magic?

I see a lot of sprue attachment cleaning in your future. :java

Or a lot of weather after assembly. :ro:

Either way, I'll be watching. :popcorn

Cool kit Ron!

I've always liked the camo on the box art.

Tom
It kinda reminds me about my pet Zebra "Blinky" except Blinky is black with white stripes :D

BTW I dont really have a pet Zebra My pet Lion will eat it

Right,...very small progress,because I dropped my model in early stage on the floor. :bang head
The hooks at the front side broke in the crash,and I was only able to find back one broken hook.
Frustration a go go!

hb1e2ce7.JPG

hb412166.JPG

So I will canibalizise this old 20+ years conversion kit of Rommel's Greif.It damaged,as it is,so why not.I can use the towing hooks from this one for the "Beob". :hmmm :

he92a231.JPG

h3cd3611.JPG

I will stuggle along with this one!
Thanks for dropping by.

Gr,Ron.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ronaldo thats cheating i expect you to fashion a new tow hook out of styrene hahahahahaha

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fix it by any means necessary, no law against parts piracy in my book. (y)

Proost!

:drinks

Not that much time for modelling,but there is a bit of progress non the less.

Well,I did run into some problems with this build.On the modelclub night me or someone else didn't had tape with them,so I couldn't properly hold kit parts together.
And later on that came back to bite me in my shiny metal S. :stinker

So I had to fix the problem of not well glued kit parts that were not properly in line.Had to use a lot of putty, and filing and sanding was a must.Also I had to cut parts of the radio rack and the fire extinguisher inside of the vehicle to fit the roof plate. :bang head

Oh well,I see on the photo's I have to do some patch up work.

h8959c06.JPG

h89dd706.JPG

h2d0e10d.JPG

h8c1596d.JPG

h9272dcf.JPG

h79ac0af.JPG

Thanks for dropping by!

Gr,Ron.

Back