• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 253 le Beob.Pz.Wg.

Looks great Ron!

Gouache works really well for this sort of thing. I like to use it for chipping too.
Gouache dries quickly, but never really cures. It can be reactivated with water,
but is impervious to enamel thinner, mineral spirit, turpentine, etc...

Tom

Very nicely done, Ron. Was there an illustration of this or something very similar in one of the old Panzer Colours volumes ??

Ian.

Very nicely done, Ron. Was there an illustration of this or something very similar in one of the old Panzer Colours volumes ??

Ian.

Well,the Panzer Colours books I have somewhere in my stash,it would take a long while to find them back in my messy organised book collection. :blush:
Not 100% sure,but I think this could be the one also seen in one of the Panzer Colours books. (picture from the net for discussion purpose only)

tumblr_m47s3h8uRd1qg5z8jo1_500.gif

Don't be shy to use mud 'n dirt on armour models. :laugh:

Gr,Ron.

I didn't like the "unsmart" tracks provided with this kit so I used Friul metal ones.
There are also replacement sprocket wheels with better detail then the Dragon ones in the Friul kit,so I decided to use them as well.

Test fitting;

hd8827c6.JPG

After a bath of vinegar,I cleaned up the tracks in Burnishing Fluid;

h74834ad.JPG

Tracks after Track Wash and a bit of Metal pigments,more weathering will follow;

h39ea930.JPG

Sprocket wheels from Friul in Surface primer above the Dragon ones that I will not use;

h070adc6.JPG

Crew members from Dragon's Sturmartillery crew,I replaced the heads by Hornet ones.
Luc Klinkers was nice enough to sculpt a sheep skin jerkin on the commander of the "Beob".(thanks Luc!)

ha27a94c.JPG

More to come later...if I find the time for it that is. :bang head

Gr,Ron.

Great job on the friuls, I know what you went through to get them built, I got a set but refuse to do it, yet. Just a matter of time.

Looking good Ron, glad you found some bench time. :soldier

That jerkin is COOL! :woohoo: Looking forward to the finish of this build! (y)

Proost!

:drinks

That is a cool subject and neat work! I need a set of 'Dumb tracks" for my 251/22, as I am not looking to be a fan of the 'smart-tracks' that Dragon pro-vides

Wow! That looks sharp. Great work.
However, it reminded me that I just put the kit's drive sprockets on my Academy M113A1 APC. I have a set of Friulmodel tracks for it as well that comes with the sprockets. Damn. I see a trip to the "chop shop" in my future. The finished product is awesome, but I'm not looking forward to assembling them. I've done some for a Tiger and a Panther, which were twice as big as the ones for the ACAV.

Back