• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

Absolutely stunning.Your attention to detail and the different techniques you use to get a result are fantastic. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Ron, Bob, Moon Puppy, Dave, James, Gator, Mr T and Sherman thanks you guys for your words

Saul this is taking more time than I expected, want to finish it as soon as posible to work in other
projects I have in mind :D

I am really lovin this build man! Ship models are usually in such small scales that I can barely see the detail any more at my advanced age.
J

Hi Abdin ! Just found your build. Very impressive :cheer: I'll be looking for more updates :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

J, jugjunkie, Mike, Christian and Randy thank you guys for following and your support, another update is comming soon :D ;)

Fledermaus, estás reloco...
Un trabajo impresionante, no solo de montaje sino también de mejora/caracterización.
Felicidades..

PD: te habrá llegado un email con una invitación. Que sepas que es mía...

------------------------------

Fledermaus, you are crazy!
A great work...
Congrats friend.

See you!

Yago.

Moom puppy here it is..... (y)

Nerdling its better late than never ;)

Yago, how are you my friend, yes we all have some crazyness inside :gogo :D

Hi my friends, as promised another update on the S-100. This time the ammo racks for the side machineguns. I used a .005 brass sheet to make it Here the left side rack with the measurements
dBeFEXZ.jpg

The right side needs to be modified to accommodate the rack; you need to remove 1mm from
the molded door for the rack to fit into the corner
o4O3RJU.jpg

MJD45i7.jpg

lqzcZ7g.jpg

After the cut just sand smooth and redo the round edge
Sgjy2g9.jpg

Now the rack fits perfectly
4GSoq7u.jpg

Now I reworked the seats, new supports where made using wire and two pieces of brass tube for the pivots
Here the original and the reworked one to the right
O5zCbsN.jpg

The new seat with the brass pivots; the two pieces are glued next to the ammo racks
O5zCbsN.jpg

dgHHGfd.jpg

The seats are movable; a piece of angular strip is glued to limit the movement of the seat like in the original boat
RsrqFFO.jpg

NT719k0.jpg

Next job was to cut the cover of the compass located at the middle of the boat to install the plate
From the Edward kit
MOhSghu.jpg

With the cover removed and the plate installed it was time to do the crystal dome
qlTBuY4.jpg

For this job I used a ball bearing closest to 8mm I found
ZevFg2w.jpg

This was glued to a plastic rod and placed on the vise, then used a piece of heated clear styrene
To form the dome around the ball
uWxKfN4.jpg

W4kD1RW.jpg

After that you just cut the dome from the plastic sheet and sand the edge smooth
HKHTBR1.jpg

MmJStTY.jpg

DT68FLB.jpg

Now you just need to paint the dial and you’re done
wY01jEN.jpg

The throttle controls are also modified, I did the new ones with styrene and parts from the
Edward set
64IW5GH.jpg

Using a styrene strip, make two pieces 2.25mm long and make one of the sides pointed
VyHJSnQ.jpg

With .80mm styrene rod made the arms, one at each side
eI0tWSt.jpg

0K7CxhH.jpg

Glue the pointed pieces to each side
vqQ1SAy.jpg

It should look like this
A8QbUpf.jpg

Now make a double pointed indicator for the center lever and Glue it to the center position
4yeOTyn.jpg

Using the original part cut the 3 levers and glue it to the top of the indicators, the left and right
Ones should be glued a little to the center as in the photo
fC6fZk7.jpg

QLylPq8.jpg

And there it is, a great improvement over the original
5DuikIC.jpg

More coming soon, thanks for watching!
Abdin

Abdin, awesome work....
High level of detailing.
ITALERI should take notes of all these improvements...
You are great friend.

See you soon!

Yago.

Back