• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

Moon poppy, Saul, Gene and Bagge thanks a lot and sorry for the late response, I have being busy this weeks. mery christmas to you all

Abdin :D

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo...
Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year...

Saludos/Regards,

Krypto thanks a lot :D

HI again!

Did a little bit more detail work, I’m following the guys on the ships forum and I’m emulating all the mods they do to the boats, plus my own modifications.

The smoke generators got details in copper wire like the handles and pipes
Here are all the detail parts made with copper wire
WO45qy6.jpg

7KQQ4G7.jpg

The finished one on the right with all the piping
2mgVU5j.jpg

Next the air vent pipes got some PH detail plus copper wire handles
GNCPXOR.jpg

W3yxisK.jpg

Finally I constructed new gun guides from cooper wire and shaped it as seen on Han Ju
As the italery ones are the wrong shape for this specific boat
Here are the original guides
oGfjZ51.jpg

and here the new ones, notice the diference in the shape of each
fkUfCjs.jpg

EWPWm2j.jpg

The only original guide used is at the end of the boat for the 3.7 flak gun with the correct shape
uzb2Fak.jpg

Well that’s it for now; I hope I can keep working on it more frequently as I can’t wait to see it finished.
Thanks for watching, stay tuned!
Abdin

I'm ashamed to admit it but this is the first I've checked in on this build thread :blush: I love it. I'll make more popcorn.

Tim

HI my friends :Hiay
Bagge, moon puppy, James, Tim, Randy, Mike, Bob, Martin and Ron thank you guys for your support,
sorry for the late response but I have had little time for the forums lately. so here I go again..

At last found the time to do another update on the boats progress, its being slow but steady!
It’s almost near the paint stage with most of the detailing done.

Thanks to Rob a fellow modeler from Planet Armor who made me aware of the front gun cover that needed to be smaller and the tie downs shape corrected, So after taking some measurements it was corrected, after cutting the excess I used a strip of styrene to make the new side wall and a corner strip for the trim.
gAdFvhZ.jpg

PCmAwEZ.jpg

ZENtEW6.jpg

Pieces of angular styrene serve as supports to keep the cover a couple of inches from the deck so it can
Be picked up easy when in use
2aRAtp5.jpg

K6ZWoe0.jpg

The Kalotte received the missing solder lines with a strip of .05”, also the recessed lines are scribed
6DeadIg.jpg

YEnY1tY.jpg

6rivTuy.jpg

ovqflcz.jpg

This was followed by the PH details from the kit and Edwards PH, styrene strips where glued to make
The PH floor boards taller so it looks more real and natural.
DLS0J8G.jpg

gFwsloM.jpg

d9e4sCZ.jpg

The PH steps and hand bars are glued in place as seen in Han-Ju, the side speech tubes are made of wire with plastic and PH details...
c5qGSP5.jpg

The brass tube on top is the base for the side machineguns
3hCqyZO.jpg

The hand grab tube and grab whole are also done
9NjuSyW.jpg

The speech tubes cones are fashioned from a 1/24 scale antique car horn, it was hollowed,
Sanded and cut to shape, the mold was made as I need one for each side.
KS2SXQV.jpg

WjJ37MZ.jpg

HbwzvW2.jpg

Looks like this installed
UVvMPNG.jpg

3PwqM6r.jpg

I now focused on the valves on the side of the torpedo tubes; here you can see there is no detail
Just two mounting pins for the hand wheels
ejt69IH.jpg

With the aid of some spare parts from the old Tamiya 88 flak gun I made the valve bodies
o7xU9P9.jpg

yrCL7i1.jpg

Here a Verlinden nut was glued in the center and drilled the holes for the cooper wire pipes
Ut4v9Zg.jpg

I then removed the mounting pins, glued the valves in place and the wire pipes, now it looks more like the real thing
ueomJ2z.jpg

1TgcHfH.jpg

foe7ipM.jpg

More pictures soon
Thanks

Abdin

Maravilloso, aunque tuvimos que esperar bastante...

Marvelous, although we had to wait a while...

Regards,

Back