• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scammell Pioneer FINISHED

3rd attempt :)...Still getting side tracked with figures, if i can keep improving then i will add them to the truck and tank.
This is a possible driver for the tank.

DSC_3619.JPG

DSC_3618.JPG

I still need to tint his goggles and now i have blown this up i can see i need to finish the seam round his right shoulder. You cant see this on the 50mm figure in real life so not doing myself any favours blowing it up bigger that :)

this is a miniart figure with a panzer art head

Not sure what the teeth are but i expect it will become clear as the build progresses. Possibly just cable guides for the winch.

Not an exciting week but i got the basics done on most of the trailer.

DSC_3635.JPG

DSC_3639.JPG

DSC_3636.JPG

DSC_3638.JPG

The top and ramps will ned some drastic work with tank tracks and sand grinding the painted surface.

Its getting quite tricky to pick this up and put it down now there are a lot of bits sticking out that will not suport its weight.

DSC_3665.JPG

Seems an odd thing to say with a truck but the next step will be a bit of rigging :), I also need a couple more figures and a Jeep or two and of course some sort of base

This was supposed to be carrying my Grant however because i messed up the paint job on that and converted it to a more italian theatre than a desert theatre theme i am now thinking LRDG Here is a clue to the way my mind is working :)

DSC_3668.JPG

Off topic but there are some spoilers out on the BBC for a new drama series based on the SAS in the desert WWII, one exert features a Chevy like above.

Back