• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

POP! goes the Weisel!!!

iambrb

OK so have been yearning for something a bit different, and as I also wanted something small, I chose the Bundeswehr Weisel AWC! This is the last Tankette class armored vehicle still in modern use, with the Mark2 version entering service in 2001

The version I am building is the Mark 1 that was once offered by AFV. It is a neat little thing, and mine has a separate resin track set by Djiti models. Here is the box and some of the parts (molded in white!) along with some reference pics:

hVIiWQ3.jpg

ISeJM4L.jpg

007g.jpg

wiesel-001.jpg

xfy5geu43qe41.jpg

I think this is the pattern I may go with:
download111111111111z.jpg

Might be nice for yard work, but I wouldn't want to go into combat with it. Nice subject though. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

against small arms only (under .50 cal) it is actually pretty good, just need to keep an eye out for RPG's. And mines.

I think I saw a version that had bar armor all over it in Afghanistan, obvious why. Should be a neat little subject

So here is the latest, the Djiti tracks were difficult as there are NO instructions and nothing is marked. So a ton of test fit and trim went into these guys, but here we are, along with a few size comparisons
35C92C95-3606-4C62-986A-088E310427A5.jpeg
3F5B4440-1E3C-432A-A937-025F5E19FD7C.jpeg

4F0D0BB0-8F9E-42F0-89F3-DED19E0729FD.jpeg

it’s not even as long as the M51 barrel!
A567FE55-7919-4B47-A5E1-4BFF9B8E6E7F.jpeg

Is that a Weasel in your pocket...oh never mind :doh:
This is a Great looking kit and while them track may have been a PitA they look awesome. Can't wait to see this come together!
:victory:

Is that a Weasel in your pocket...oh never mind :doh:
This is a Great looking kit and while them track may have been a PitA they look awesome. Can't wait to see this come together!
:victory:
The answers to that are "No" and "Not like that-keep yer distance"

The tracks consisted of what turned out to be 4 sets of resin per side, plus the front wheel. BUT....nothing was marked so man did it take some fitting. The end result is far-far superior to the rubber tracks provided though.

Have yardwork to do today, so not sure how much if any actual modeling I will get done today, but thanks!

That is so cool. I know one company that offers this in 1/72 scale; been wanting to get one. Maybe someday. Meanwhile, I'll be watching this close.

Gun is 20mm, Oerliken I think. The dual feed is going to have explosive/ proximity fuse on one side and AP on the other

That is so cool. I know one company that offers this in 1/72 scale; been wanting to get one. Maybe someday. Meanwhile, I'll be watching this close.
Duke I can’t believe someone offers this in 1/72 scale, it’s already so small in this one!

Gun is 20mm, Oerliken I think. The dual feed is going to have explosive/ proximity fuse on one side and AP on the other
Rheinmetall Mk 20. Found that via google. Not finding anything about the dual feed, strange.

Looking good :popcorn

and I quote..
"A single and double belt feed model are available. For vehicle applications the double feed is common in order to rapidly switch between armor piercing and high explosive rounds. "

Back