• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer38(t) Ausf. B

three months ... three months! :sick:

whatever - i finished the awkward work on the tracks, it was the first time that i had to drill out the holes in the links of friul tracks! horrible work!

black base, plain vallejo german grey, highlighting with a mix of vallejo german grey and white ... next will be brush painting the tools, rubber rims, machine guns, muffler, etc. (the usual stuff), then decals, washing and declaring done ...

Despoto Populus - Helios (cool cover of this, huh?)

painting1~1.jpg

painting2~1.jpg

painting3.jpg

(tried it with flash in this pic in the hope the shadows and highlights would come out better)

:soldier

Ooooo!! I like this very much!!! The last picture looks better to my eyes. At least you had Fruils for this project I used the magic tracks on the Pz I and they almost drove me nuts.

B)

Cool Laura. So the next step is markings and then a wash? Will you paint all the other stuff before the wash?
James

So the next step is markings and then a wash? Will you paint all the other stuff before the wash?

the next steps are:

1. painting the ovm, rubber rims, etc.
2. apply decals
3. do the washing
4. rusting the muffler
5. some dusting with airbrush

Got it. I'm trying things I havent before and so trying to get all the hints I can.
Thanks Laura.

So the next step is markings and then a wash? Will you paint all the other stuff before the wash?

the next steps are:

1. painting the ovm, rubber rims, etc.
2. apply decals
3. do the washing
4. rusting the muffler
5. some dusting with airbrush

erm ... :blush: ... i have to correct myself!

french campaign ... 2/3 grey, 1/3 brown ... i forgot the brown in my listing ... grks!

1. doing the brown patches
2. painting ovm, rubber rims, etc.
3. apply decals (7th division maybe)
4. washing
5. muffler
6. dusting

Looks pretty cool with the brown patches!
It's a shame so many modelers don't know this paintscheme exsictence.

Once had sort kind of argument with a modeller who didn't believe me this paintscheme is for real. :S

Keep up the good work!

Greetings,Ron.

while waiting for my tirpitz pe (still!!! :vmad ) i tried to move on with the pz38(t) as much as possible ... what i have done: painted the tools, added the notek cabling (i had forgotten that one earlier :blush: ), silvered all the wheel areas that came in touch with the tracks, did the rubber rims, gave each tool and the mg barrels a gun metal pigment treatment, gave the convoy lights some attention and did the tracks themselves (not included in the pics)

today was decalling time - they are still wet and when dry i will check if a second mr mark softer treatment will be necessary ... usual fumble: by accident i scratched away smaller parts of the paint due to mr mark setter's character of attacking the paint (no big deal to repair)

what we have now: 7. panzerdivision, panzer regiment 25, 2. kompanie, 1. zug, fahrzeug 4 (2nd company, 1st platoon, vehicle 4)

next steps: black and brown wash, dusting with airbrush, rusting the muffler -> done!

Agonoize - Schaufensterpuppenarsch

markings3.jpg

markings2.jpg

markings4.jpg

markings1.jpg

:soldier

B) That looks great Laura - I have always wanted to build on of these and your build is pushing me to get one. I love the big turret numbers on the small turret too.
Can't wait for the big finish!

Ian.

Back