• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer38(t) Ausf. B

Kreighshoer

or ... as the first designation was Panzer III (t) Ausf. B!

september 1st - what better date can be to make the first post for the entry of this campaign! :D

my apologies first, i had planned much more entries in 'Blitzkrieg' but too much on the plate and in the pipe forces me to dramatically cut back my engagement with this campaign!

the timeshots:

timeshot1~2.jpg

timeshot2~2.jpg

timeshot3~0.jpg

:soldier

well, i started yesterday - not much progress yet since the lower hull needs time and patience and the glue needs to harden out before continuing!

one setback i noticed: both types of fenders have the base for the notek blackout light molded on but early war panzer didn't have notek lights mounted - if so they were field mods and rarely seen before 1941! in one of my spares boxes i found two fenders of either the tristar E/F or the G kit without the notek base, only a location pin to be cut away! i'll use those fenders and will have to drill holes for the rear mirrors mounted on the A/B/C versions - no big deal!

whatever - pics:

Großstadtgeflüster - Ich muss gar nichts

construction1.jpg

construction2.jpg

:soldier

Great start Laura! Sounds those fenders will need some cutting.

B)

Not easy to keep track of all the changes made :hmmm i hope it's not going to be a to big job to rebuild!
Great work Laura (y) (y)
//Mats

made a mistake with the notek blackout light ... they WERE mounted on the 38(t) b version!

Now, now... I have bought replacement photo-etched brass mudguards for my PzKpfw. 38 (t) Ausf. B kit. Do you need me to send the plastic ones I will not be using?

Regards,

no building problems since there are two sets of fenders in each tristar 38(t) kit!

i'm angry about myself, that's all!

thanks for your generous offer saúl! much appreciated! :)

As we use to say in the service "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". I think "Stuff" was the word, maybe it was some other word. :D

Tony lee

Back