• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pace 24" Mini Plus Spray Booth

Now THAT is an in-depth review (y)

Thanks for posting that Tim. So what's your bottom line, good investment?

Great review!

I have the same one. I bought it mainly because of the blower motor. I read too many horror stories
on the net about people exploding because they didn't use a closed pole blower motor on their home-built
setups. This one has the proper shielding between the motor and the vent, or something like that...And
really moves air!

One thing to note, on mine anyways, the motor needs a break-in period. I ran it a couple times,
for a minute or two, then it had trouble starting. So I ran it for about 20 minutes straight, starts every
time now.

HTH,
Tom

Now THAT is an in-depth review (y)

Thanks for posting that Tim.
Thanks Bob
bow.gif
So what's your bottom line, good investment?

For me, very much so, both from actually having a spray booth, and being happy with the spray booth I have. :drinks .

Thanks everybody :D I do appreciate it :drinks

Great review!

I have the same one. I bought it mainly because of the blower motor. I read too many horror stories
on the net about people exploding because they didn't use a closed pole blower motor on their home-built
setups. This one has the proper shielding between the motor and the vent, or something like that...And
really moves air!

One thing to note, on mine anyways, the motor needs a break-in period. I ran it a couple times,
for a minute or two, then it had trouble starting. So I ran it for about 20 minutes straight, starts every
time now.

HTH,
Tom

I ran mine a 4 or 5 times for less then a minute without any problems, but then I got to playing around with some lacquer thinner cleaning up a few things for about 1/2 hour just as an excuse to test things out, so I'm not sure if that made any difference or not. Probably a good idea to run it for about 15-20 mins though just to be safe :drinks

Here for ya Bubba...Remember, I work IT, we don't assume anything. :rotf

OK long long ago I read on another forum someone bragging about getting one of these spray booths, top of the line. Wife and daughter were run out the house cause of the fumes, the guy didn't get the note that it had to be vented outside. :facepalm

I bought one of these several years back, absolutely love it. When I am doing any painting, I run it. I use it to do resin work (sucks a lot of the dust out) and since it is right off the bathroom... :stinker

I have a competition to see which is louder, my booth or my Porter Cable compressor. :drinks

Sorry to hear about the cost of shipping... I picked mine up, since the guy only lives down the road!

Pretty impressive. I've got a home built booth that I've used for several years, but thinking about redoing it. May consider something like this. I'll have to see what the larger booths cost, would prefer something a bit larger than that.

Back