• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Could not leave well enough alone.

I did this one after watching Dr. Strangelove.
The scheme is really a neat one.
Frank
It's the old SAC scheme, I went back and looked, I'm not sure what model that Buff is supposed to be. It has the short stabilizer of the H model but not the high bypass engine cowlings. From what I remember and have read the short tail was retro fitted on the G after the H came out.

My wife sends her condolences to your wife. I noticed your black Stetson Cav. hat. I wear a black boonie hat with wings and sabers when doing yard work. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX
Gary,
Thank your wife from Cinda.
After my tour in the Air Force, I joined an AirCAV unit in Waterloo, Iowa it was the 1/194th, Troop D (Aivation). We flew OH-58's, UH-1M, and UH-1H..
This is were I learned to fly helicopters and got my Stetson. I did not wear mine to bars or parties, so it still looks new,
Frank

It's the old SAC scheme, I went back and looked, I'm not sure what model that Buff is supposed to be. It has the short stabilizer of the H model but not the high bypass engine cowlings. From what I remember and have read the short tail was retro fitted on the G after the H came out.
Bob,
The opening credits show a B-52G being refueled by a KC-135A.
The flying scenes were done with models.
If you look close you can see the TF-33 fan cowlings are to long for a true production aircraft.
Dr Strangelove 1.jpg
Dr Strangelove 2.jpg

My model was back dated to the last B-52B.
Frank

I am jealous of your organization! I am lucky enough to have a model room myself, but it is no where's near that organized! Maybe that will be my project for this weekend. :hmm:

Thank you Mike.
I started keeping track of my stuff in the mid to late 80's on Lotus 123.
I still have my original 5.25" floppy I stored it on.
How bad is that???
Sometimes it gets in the way, other times it is very helpful.
Frank

Well, there is that, but when I was a flea there were lots of shiny 52's flying around low because Beale, Travis and Mather AFB had them nearby. Of course, then I was not favorably impressed because they were the reason the B-36's had vanished.
John.
I never got to see the B-36 fly. I was to young. I did like watching the B-47's and B-52's refueling as they went over. Dad would get the binoculars out and let me watch them.
Aw the good old days.
Frank

Back