• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Could not leave well enough alone.

Wow! What a fantastic room! Beautiful!

I've always wanted to do a bare metal SAC B-52 like yours. I could never figure out what colors to use on the multi-colored metal.
Mark,
That Bare metal finish was done with The Model Master metal colors when they first appeared.
Talk about a learning curve.
No Tape, No sanding, prefect finish, It was also the first fully scribed kit I ever tried.
B-52B-1.jpg

B-52B-2.jpg

B-52B-3.jpg

Frank

Great work space! I showed my wife your finished collection. She no longer thinks I batshit crazy, just insane. Someday I hope to have a real space, vs. the Man Closet.

Frank that is stunning given your use of Model Master Metals. I'm gonna have to save those pics so I can make a small effort on one of those.

Great work space! I showed my wife your finished collection. She no longer thinks I batshit crazy, just insane. Someday I hope to have a real space, vs. the Man Closet.

Ha! You should show her shots of my hobby room! Then she'll only think you are moderately touched!

Barney,
Thank you. My wife thinks I am crazy with all the things I collect.
20200302_151848.jpg
20200302_151943.jpg

I tell her I only collect 1/72 scale US and Russia Aircraft and Armor. Current total unbuilt kits 1837. Small compared to a friend of mine that has 7000 plus kits, he collects everything (ships, armor, aircraft (1/144 and 1/72) I do have some 1/144 scale large Aircraft - C-5, C-124, C-133, C-130 (won this at a contest) Convair 880, Boeing 777, E-4B (747), DC-10, KC-10A.

Big 10
It is commercial vinyl plank left over from a job my brother did for a nursing home. Only had buy a small bucket of glue and an 18 pack of Busch.
Frank

If he works that inexpensively, I have a string of jobs!

That is an awesome collection. A guy I know has turned 2 bedrooms into storage. I helped him set up an inventory system several years back.

Eric,
I have to update my B-58.
The one in the collection was built in the early 80's.
Frank

My wife sends her condolences to your wife. I noticed your black Stetson Cav. hat. I wear a black boonie hat with wings and sabers when doing yard work. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Well, there is that, but when I was a flea there were lots of shiny 52's flying around low because Beale, Travis and Mather AFB had them nearby. Of course, then I was not favorably impressed because they were the reason the B-36's had vanished.

Back