• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Could not leave well enough alone.

Frank

My brother had two flooring jobs cancel, for now, so we decided to re-floor the models room.
20200321_093757[1].jpg

It looks wonderful. You can just see the new tile on the side to the picture.
20200327_101028[1].jpg

So, Cinda says - YOU are going to paint the room?!?!
I of course said NO.
She said WHY?!?!
I said this would have to come off the walls. I had already moved all the books.
And I was tired.
20200220_142628[1].jpg

20200220_141402[1].jpg

So, as you might guess, Frank has been painting.
20200327_101054[1].jpg

I was able to sneak a couple of items into the budget.
I purchased a lighted spray booth, with two fans.
20200404_125353[1].jpg
20200405_120323[1].jpg

And new shelves for the diecast planes.
🚡🚡
20200404_125328[1].jpg

I hope to get a new work bench built tomorrow. 24" W x 48"L x 30"H.
More picture tomorrow.
Thank you for looking in.
Hopefully I can sign back in tomorrow.
Frank

Last edited:
Hey, when you're done with your Brother send him over here! I can house him in the garage if he's worried bout social distancing. Lots of unfinished projects in there I'm sure he would jump right into!! :mpup

Looks great Frank, great score on that booth. (y)

Thank you.
I have to keep him around until the other room is replaced. I will then send him your way.
Frank
🚡

Get yourself a good flashlight Frank. The floor looks nice until you loose a small part then that dark pattern hides the part. I have dark brown wood floors and it is always a pain when something drops as I can't see it.

63935_I.jpg

I have used a number of flashlights to find parts from a big old Mag-Lite to the little ones with a bunch of LEDs in them. I now have several of this one around the house and at work. It works better than anything I have ever used. It has a super bright and a medium bright intensity, is about 7 inches long, well made and quite hefty, and the way the light is put out it really helps to see those little bitty parts trying to hide on the floor. It also has a magnet in the base.

You can get it from Harbor Freight. Retail is $8 but if you are patient they usually have coupons that will drop the price to about $5.

Flashlight at Harbor Freight.

As a watchmaker, loosing parts can be a disaster and VERY expensive! As I said this flashlight is the best I have found so far and well worth the $$

I am airing out the house again. The weather is nice out, I have an enclose back porch with good screening. Open and prop the back doors open, then open the door to the garage and the access to the attic. Put my hurricane fan on the floor full bore blowing up into the attic and the air flows through the whole house.

Thank you Paul.
Off to Harbor Freight, when I can.
We are airing out the house today. 73 degrees, nice breeze.
Did not have an opportunity to do any work today.
Frank:(

The flashlight works best down next to the floor with the light angled along the floor. It is amazing how much dust dirt and debris shows up that way. Parts will also really show up well and cast long shadows.

I did the open house trick yesterday. It is a little warmer today and supposed to rain.

Wow, what a fantastic room! I envy you! I wish I could re-do my room like that. Maybe your brother can come out to my place after he finishes with Bob!

Than you everyone for the compliments.
I technically have the entire upstairs for my hobbies.
Did get the work station build and setup today.
The three ring binders up the bench are my decals.
Temporary power strip, until my brother can come over and add more electrical outlets.✈
20200408_151422[1].jpg

This is the south wall across from the work station.
20200407_152026[1].jpg

20200407_152031[1].jpg

This bookcase under the paint area is all Color & Marking (only missing #8), Detail and Scale and Squadron paper backs.
20200407_152156[1].jpg

Than you for letting me share my progress with all of you.
Frank

Wow! What a fantastic room! Beautiful!

I've always wanted to do a bare metal SAC B-52 like yours. I could never figure out what colors to use on the multi-colored metal.

I like the way you have also hung the larger aircraft, how do you keep gravity from doing its job with the wings?

Back