• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OK. This has gone too far!

Paulw

I'll bet this is Chef's idea. http://www.warbirdradio.com/2013/11/breaking-news-owner-says-goodbye-to-historic-paint-scheme-hello-unicorn/

“yes, I’m always worried what people on those web forums will think about my airplane…but they’re not paying for it and they’re probably not paying rent to live in their mother’s basement.”

Well then..I'm going to my garage....that I've paid for.

I'll bet this is Chef's idea. http://www.warbirdradio.com/2013/11/breaking-news-owner-says-goodbye-to-historic-paint-scheme-hello-unicorn/

Take a couple of Pamprins and call your gynecologist in the morning . :smack I believe you become a victim of an Obama scheme. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I have a poster of this,in my Model Office.http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/06/suzanne_parishs_passion_for_fl.html
Suzanne owned her very own P-40N, God rest her. She used her Airplane to turn a whole bunch of her very own Money, into smoke, noise, and fun. I applauded the lipstick & eyelashes on her Airplane.

Not quite as, er, shall we say, Feminine, as the P-51, is it?

I have a poster of this,in my Model Office.http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/06/suzanne_parishs_passion_for_fl.html
Suzanne owned her very own P-40N, God rest her. She used her Airplane to turn a whole bunch of her very own Money, into smoke, noise, and fun. I applauded the lipstick & eyelashes on her Airplane.

Shalom.

Interesting that they said the pink colour was authentic as it matches the pink used by the airforce in the libyan desert.

Cheers

She I can understand.

My sincerest thanks for this. I have been looking at some older Airfix kits, one of which is a T-34 Mentor, and now know how to do it so it both honors her and fits my collection that I plan to keep.

4420.jpg

As for the post, something feels like a hoax.

Regards,

That pic, if it is real, made me throw up in my mouth a little. If a person has the wherewithal to own something like that, good for them. They still have an obligation to preserve it for history.

It would be like me having enough money to buy the Mona Lisa and then finger-painting clown lips on it just because I could.

That pic, if it is real, made me throw up in my mouth a little... They still have an obligation to preserve it for history.

It would be like me having enough money to buy the Mona Lisa and then finger-painting clown lips on it just because I could.

The image is an artist rendering (and one of the reasons I think it is a hoax).

I respectfully do not agree that the owner of this aircraft is under any obligation. They bought it; it is theirs to do as they wish unless the sale was conditional.

Same as the Mona Lisa. If privately owned, why let others see it if the new owner doesn't wish to? Why would the owner be under any obligation to place it where the public may enjoy it? If is it such an important public piece, let the public, through the government they elect, purchase said art and place it where the masses may enjoy it.

So, if a mad person buys the Mona Lisa and decides to destroy it... so be it. It should not have been for sale in the first place.

Regards,

I agree that if you buy something, you own and can do as you see fit with it. I guess its just me but I would feel a sense of responsibility if I owned a piece of history.

So they are under no obligation? Once again, I agree that if someone buys something, it is theirs. What if I decided to purchase one of the few remaining Mustangs and dismantle it, and sell it for the value of the aluminum and whatever composites? Would you have no opinion?

Back to the my Mona Lisa reference, if a wealthy person bought it and then essentially destroyed it would your response be "Meh, who cares, its just a priceless piece of art that can never be replaced but if they want to, no skin off my butt"

Once again, I will repeat myself and say that if someone buys something that it is theirs to do with as they see fit. I don't want anyone telling me that I can't do what I want to with my own home.

Hey, you know what? Screw it, I'm going to save up all my money and someday buy the USS Arizona and sell it for scrap. Its all the same, right?

I guess its just me but I would feel a sense of responsibility if I owned a piece of history.

What if I decided to purchase one of the few remaining Mustangs and dismantle it, and sell it for the value of the aluminum and whatever composites? Would you have no opinion?

Back to the my Mona Lisa reference, if a wealthy person bought it and then essentially destroyed it would your response be "Meh, who cares, its just a priceless piece of art that can never be replaced but if they want to, no skin off my butt"

...I'm going to save up all my money and someday buy the USS Arizona and sell it for scrap. Its all the same, right?

The fact you would buy a piece of history and feel obliged to care for it is commendable but probably not a requirement of the sale. Personally, I wish it was someone like you that owned the Mustang but I won't tell the owner what to do if I do not agree unless I had a personal or financial stake in it.

Would I have an opinion? Perhaps I would but I wouldn't state that they are under any obligation. It is why I wrote the following:

If is it such an important public piece, let the public, through the government they elect, purchase said art and place it where the masses may enjoy it...

It should not have been for sale in the first place.

Regards,

I get it, the government should buy up all pieces of history. I cannot think of a single thing that might possibly go wrong.

I just... I can't...I...my brain is melting.

I'm going to just go ahead and pull the ejection-handle and get the hell out of this conversation.

I get it, the government should buy up all pieces of history. I cannot think of a single thing that might possibly go wrong.

I just... I can't...I...my brain is melting.

I'm going to just go ahead and pull the ejection-handle and get the hell out of this conversation.

:rotf

Honestly I don't have as much issue with them painting the aircraft as they see fit as i do the statement for justifying that action.

I don't see painting it up in different colors any different that Rockwell painting their Mustang all yellow with ROCKWELL logo on it.

It doesn't sound real to me. Why commission an astist's rendering based on cryptic comments made by a mystery owners decision on a future event? It's more like an Onion article than news.

I would think a P-51 would be emblazoned with Citibank or something well before unicorns and if someone sought out and owned something of historical value, they would simply sell it off if they had a change of heart, not make a mockery of it. You can change your views on things, but I don't think you would purposefully insult something that previously had meaning.

Back