• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

No Sharkmouth on this Hasegawa 32nd scale Ki-84 Hayate

I worked in an ER at Balad AB, Iraq for 4 months. No spoiler needed.

ps: I have this kit in the stash, it will never get built to this level of detail, but it is on the list. (I have Chinese markings for it)

Quite boring actually. I train them on the documentation software of the electronic medical record. I am a credentialed trainer as well as a certified systems analyst for a few programs.

Regards,
That is a nice picture, but really mild. We have a child in the ward which pressed one of these "Marking compressed air guns" used to put tabs on cattle into his eye. That is a sight you don't want to see...

Which system do you use? we have SAP here, very cumbersome. I thought ORBIS was much better.

Cheers

Alex

P.S: I'll stop this thread is about the Hayate!

That is a nice picture, but really mild...

Which system do you use? we have SAP here, very cumbersome. I thought ORBIS was much better.

Alex, it is mild but I covered it as some may find it too much. I train doctors on EPIC and other healthcare systems (HCLL for Blood Bank and so on).

Regards,

References... not including the T2 and Tech Manuals
Ki-84 Profile 70.JPG
Ki-84 Model Art Hayate.JPG
Ki-84 Maru Mechanic 1982 33.JPG
Ki-84 Maru Mechanic 1978 08.JPG
Ki-84 FAOW 1989 19.JPG
Ki-84 FAOW 1985 03.JPG
Ki-84 FAOW 1971 29.JPG
Ki-84 Aero Detail 24.JPG

Regards,

TMI !! The references, not the eye stuff, sad for the kid though. When I have references that good I can't get anything done unless I ignore them.

Another added. Came on Friday but I have been so busy...

Why buy a book as old as I am? Well, being published by the people behind the Ontario air Museum who owned it, meant that it might have photos from its overhaul to flight status for the movie. Indeed, it did! It also illustrates the paltry model selection then.

Aero2NakajimaKi84a.JPG
Aero2NakajimaKi84b.JPG

Regards,

I worked in an ER at Balad AB, Iraq for 4 months. No spoiler needed.

ps: I have this kit in the stash, it will never get built to this level of detail, but it is on the list. (I have Chinese markings for it)
Now that must have been a difficult tour. I worked as a Trauma Surgeon in Indianapolis (Wishard Memorial Hospital) and sometimes it felt like a war zone there.

Cheers

Alex

Dang, you've been busy! nice work!
Well, I plan to be since I added missing references and don't have to scratch the cannon tips. Another company, Profimodeller, made the cannon tips but I can't find them anywhere!

Regards,

:popcornI must have missed this.........nice work! The thing I really love about WW2 Jap fighters is how bad their factory paint application was. They didn't seem to have any primer either which may be a major reason why they peeled so much. That and the coral sand. an't wait for the paint.

I was actually looking at getting this kit BUT...with everything you're pointing out with it ...I may wait for another offering from another manufacturer.

Very good work going on with this build. Most impressive.

I was actually looking at getting this kit BUT...with everything you're pointing out with it ...I may wait for another offering from another manufacturer.
Don't look at it that way. I am fastidious and always add details to make it my own. It only needs cannon tips and wheels along with an instrument panel (I recommend Yahu).

Regards,

Don't look at it that way. I am fastidious and always add details to make it my own. It only needs cannon tips and wheels along with an instrument panel (I recommend Yahu).

Regards,
You're right Saul. I've been known to turn a crap kit or two around. Takes friggin' months but in the end it's all worth it.

Edit....Woops!! Didn't mean to insinuate that this was a crap kit. lol

Last edited:
Back