• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Frenesi 1/32 Tamiya P-51D

Paulw

I wanted to build an early D for a long time and in OD. I watch several guys build their NMF planes and the ones that once inspired me to build are mostly built. Cripes-a-Mighty, and several others, while good subjects, are just not in my sights any more and I feel as if they have been over done. So I chose this one.
I started the engine a few days ago and I mostly have it completed. I would like to use it in this build but I am sort of concerned that the engine panels will not fit correctly. I have been working on the pit mostly for the past couple of days. This is my result from the office so far.

20231109_183025.jpg
20231109_183025.jpg
20231110_165340.jpg
20231110_165406.jpg

Interesting photography Paul ? with that depth of field and brightness i am guessing a tripod and long exposure ?

Interesting photography Paul ? with that depth of field and brightness i am guessing a tripod and long exposure ?
Sorry Paddy but it is my phone. I cant really do any good photography because I don't have the port for it on my computer.

Is the cockpit floor in a P-51D wood like the B model was?
Yes, and painted with a black scuff resistant coat and anti-scuff metal plates on them but the modeler can go for eye candy instead of realism and scuff it badly.

After about two weeks of idleness, I decided to get back at this and get something completed. I got the pit's side walls done and test fit the fuse together and found a small gap just in front the vertical stabilizer. These past two weeks have been tiring and I seem to be wanting a nap after a nap. Go figure :blink.

20231121_160018.jpg
20231121_161424.jpg
20231121_161439.jpg
20231121_161448.jpg

Back