• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

Really glad to hear you are on the mend and on the other side of things Bob! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!

med3d-bravo.gif
drinking-red-wine.gif
med3d-envacances.gif

Minion_Gallery.gif

Well, the last time I posted progress on this build was more than 4 months ago. I am finally back to the bench after a few false starts. I did a lot to the engine compartment as well as the dashboard, wheels and so on. If all goes well, I'll knock this one out the middle of next week!

Here's some progress shots!

Two of the wire wheels on and the engine is almost finished. As soon as I attach the frame to the body, I can connect the hoses to the radiator and wiring from the firewall to the engine, etc.\

99999~3.JPG

It's beginning to look like the engine compartment I was simulating.

999~3.JPG

A little closer in.

9999~4.JPG

Starting to look like a car!!! :)

99~3.JPG

And, the dash. Not quite done yet but getting close.

889.JPG

It feels great to be back at it I plan to finish this in the next couple of days, post it and then back to Logistics, which seems like years ago.

Thanks for looking in,

Bob

Hey Bob,

Not much at the moment, just bits and pieces on one of Bismarck's seaplanes - I can accommodate a 1/200 scale on my desk :D

Laurence

Getting close to wrapping this one up!

I used a lot of Bare Metal foil, (Chrome), on this. That stuff really comes in handy, especially on old kits like this. I should be able to complete in in another 4-6 hours.

8888~0.JPG

88~1.JPG

888~0.JPG

The interior. Not quite finished. Still work to do on steering wheel seat gearshift, etc.

898.JPG

89~0.JPG

Head on.

899.JPG

8988.JPG

That's it for now!

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Wow Bob, that has really come along! Curious as to what parts you used the foil on. It doesn't really show in the photos. (definitely good technique there, something to learn)

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

ONE SWEET RIDE!!!

Reminds me of a british war drama I watch back in the 90s...or was it the 80s, "Danger UXB". One of the officers drove around in one that was very similar to this.

:v
Eric

Back