• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

Sweet!! :notworthy
I graduated high school in '82 and went in the USAF. Not getting into details of the next 10 blurry years...:drinks

In 1982, I entered "The Winds of War" in the IPMS National in St. Louis and started what would result in my founding the VLS corporation the following year. This is making me feel really old you guys! L-)

Bob

Got to love a well built Cobra!

:notworthy

1982? Not saying

When the Shelby Cobra AC was debuted by Ford, my father was the sales manager for the local Ford dealership. I was lucky as he let me see it before it was opened to the public. It was a dark blue with twin white stripes across the hood and trunk. I've loved then since!

Awesome cars!

Damn 1982 I was 12

Dave! You were 12 ?????? That means you were born in 1970. Never been to South Africa but I'm old enough to be your father. I was 30 in 1970. I had no idea you were that young! Not quite 50, right? I wish I was 49 again! :)

Bob

It is looking real good Bob!

OhWowser.jpg

Thanks Paul, I have a long way to go yet!

Bob

Creativity keeps the mind young. Busy Hands are Happy Hands.
You seem much younger than the sum total of your calendar years, Mr. Bob.
:salute :ro:

Creativity keeps the mind young. Busy Hands are Happy Hands.
You seem much younger than the sum total of your calendar years, Mr. Bob.
:salute :ro:

So very true about keeping busy!

And thank you Brigadier Rhino for the compliment! At this age, I can use all I can get!!!!!!

! I don't feel 78 either. This was taken 4 months ago!

Bob2C_Landry3Bs_03_copy.JPG

Bob

In vino veritas! HARRUMPH!
Lubrication for the Gears of Creativity is a key ingredient in my own model fun!

Well, I went to the Oncologist yesterday. I was advised that I am now 100% cancer free. I will be returning quarterly for a CT scan and Blood work to make sure it doesn't return for the next five years, and if it does, will be caught early. I have been off chemo now for 60 days, another 30 days and it will be out of my system and I will no longer feel any side effects.

I am back to walking. Doing a mile a day and increasing. I have been back to the gym for more than a month and am almost back to the weights I used prior to the diagnosis in January, 2018. I am currently writing a long article for the new Spanish magazine Dioramag. It is a lot of work but, I should wrap it up this month. Then....... Back to the bench

I am feeling great!!! (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back