• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

Cheeky... :eek:hyeah

Thanks Son,

Dad

Wow Bob, that has really come along! Curious as to what parts you used the foil on. It doesn't really show in the photos. (definitely good technique there, something to learn)

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

Thanks Paul,

Two straps on the rear under the spare tire. you can see them clearly though. On the interior, several parts on door panels, (Hard to see), I used it on the running boards as well as on the engine. The generator for one example. It's great stuff for model cars. It looks more subtle than the really bright chromed sprues. The application couldn't be more simple. Just follow the instructions. It's easy to apply!

Bob

ONE SWEET RIDE!!!

Reminds me of a british war drama I watch back in the 90s...or was it the 80s, "Danger UXB". One of the officers drove around in one that was very similar to this.

:v
Eric

Thanks Eric,

I remember thinking when I bought it that it would go well with a British pilot figure, but since, as it was a 1948 or 49, that idea lost it's appeal.

Bob

Very clean! :good:

Than k you Sir!

Bob

So nice. :drinks

Thanks Chris!

Bob

Well, finally finished. I left the top as well as the top cover unattached so I could photograph it three different ways. It was a relatively easy build. Of course, it is an ancient kit with the problems of all old kits. The decals fall apart when immersed in water despite all the Micro sol and Micro set I used. No matter, I really didn't need them.

I like the way it turned out and it was fun to photograph. There are a lot of photos. I'll post this in the Another World Completions forum as well.

88~2.JPG

008.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

099.JPG

80.JPG

889~0.JPG

899~0.JPG

89~1.JPG

988.JPG

990.JPG

998.JPG

99~4.JPG

And then, I took some outside for a different look.

0008.JPG

0009.JPG

000~22.JPG

0080.JPG

0090.JPG

Yes the top isn't glued on!

0900.JPG

0909.JPG

888~1.JPG

999~4.JPG

I really enjoyed this build. I needed something to make the transition from 2 years of no modeling before going back to my big one!

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Wow....just wow!

I showed some of these pics to my wife & she thought them to be of the REAL 1:1 scale item...no better compliment I would think!

Wow....just wow!

I showed some of these pics to my wife & she thought them to be of the REAL 1:1 scale item...no better compliment I would think!

Since I can remember, my goal in modeling everything has been realism. I try to make them, stand alone models or dioramas, as close as possible to the real thing. When I photograph them, they sometimes fool non-modelers, especially the dioramas.

I agree, no better compliment as far as I am concerned! Thank you and thank your wife!

Bob

Back