• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MiG 17 - Syrian AF. ** F I N I S H E D **

MiG 17 - Syrian AF 'Yom Kippur War 1973'

Understood, James. Hey if you ever do get the big Trumpy kit, give me a shout, I have some great references and am happy to share.

Ian

Now THATS well done pre-shading! :notworthy
For those modelers that say pre-shading is a poor way to add weathering to a model and is just plain unrealistic and a waste of time should see this build thread and learn how its done.

Matrixone

Thanks for that, Les, coming as it does from a modeller whose skills I have admired and attempted to emulate for a long time, your comment really does mean a great deal.

Managed to get some more done this morning. As this is written, my 'ickle' MiG is wearing its' final matt varnish coat, and is sitting in a quiet corner of the workbench drying/curing. Undercarriage is already painted & weathered, drop tanks too.

Just need an hour or so over the weekend to finish the final assembly and we're done.

Stay tuned.

Ian

Kit Hobbyboss 1:48 ‘J-5’.
Paint All Tamiya acrylics & oil washes.
Decals Hi Decal 48-012.
Extras Pavla resin seat.

MiG 17F
Syrian Air Force
‘Yom Kippur War’ 1973

Relatively straight-forward build which would have been completed a lot faster if we hadn’t had moved house in the middle of the project !!

Really enjoyed my first 'campaign' here. I'll post a full set of pics in the completed builds section later, please be patient as it's Saturday afternoon here and the 'little darlings' need entertaining !! As ever, thanks for taking the time to look, and all comments, criticism and questions are very welcome.

AFN

Ian

I really like it Ian. It has a very nice weathered look to it. I know what you mean about moving house though. I get to do that in a month, so not looking forward to it.

Back