• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

Hang in there Bob ... from going back to where you were sanding on page ten, My last post, you've made great progress & Lulubelle is looking mighty fine inside & out all these mods are starting to look mighty fine, sorry I've been so busy trying to get caught up. I'm on trak with you now ... carry on ... :soldier :soldier :soldier (y) :popcorn

Well I tried, cranked up the space heaters this morning, got it comfy this afternoon and gave it a shot, shot...that's what my CA was, Couldn't get anything to stick to it other than my fingers. So if resin is cold does it resist CA curing or did the CA go bad? I"m thinking the later because I went out and got two fresh bottles.

Sounds like it was a bad batch of CA. I've has the same thing happen before. Interestingly enough, I've found that Gorilla CA bought in Wal-Mart or Home Depot stays good the longest, I've had a bottle of that stuff last far longer than any CA I bought at a Hobby Shop. I'm going to have to find some epoxy sometime and try that.

Looking good. Might not be much but it was something and that something to be happy about. A glass half full is better than an empty one.
James

h058c261.jpg

Well I grabbed a shot on the way to work this AM. Had to check the heaters and let the truck warm up a bit. I'm almost happy. I don't know why I don't think of bringing a spare laptop down to the garage, if I had it, I would have gotten the armor plate right the first time. I need to trim it up just a bit more to get the right shape.

Oh the beat up fenders? Meant to do that. :soldier

Those little wingnut screws and rods holding the air clear bottom on is what was giving me a fit yesterday. Yeah Mark, both bottles I had were Gorilla Glue, they really lost their "Instant" element.

Way to go Bob . Any progress is progress .

Got to tell you though, I've never had any gorilla glue go bad on me other than getting too thick. I can't seem to use up that large of a bottle.

Instead , I have started to use this, and I do use the entire content . I have had no problems with it but it is a gel and accelerator is needed for quick drying.

image_10848.jpg

For the thinner superglues I have been using the Hobby Lobby brand and they work just fine for their use.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back