• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

They better! Thinking of using some old pliers with abused teeth to mash the track pads to rough them up a bit. :soldier

Well I'll have the AC running before the heat gets fix, nice day today, overcast but nice temps, nice enough not to worry about the heat not working.

Not exciting but progress. A shot of Friuls.

hac372df.jpg

Someone remind me not to get two part friuls again. :facepalm

OK Bob, Don't get the 2 part friuls again....

Now how's about a better pic? :hmmm

That's the best it gets right now Chris :soldier

Hey, that was Ed , not Chris ! I must have projected that though a lot further than I realized was possible .

But I did hold it in :idonno

:rotf :rotf :tomato

I'm lucky to get to the bench, don't start up about pictures.

I'll get some good ones for ya just to hush ya up. :smack

:good: Thanks Bob. YOu got me curious about them friul tracks & being 2 part, I'd like a good close up if it's not too much trouble & when ya have time :drinks

Ah...no problem.

I Think it boils down to that the track pad is too thick for the white metal to cool properly so they made them two pieces. Also you could have two different tread patterns on the outside of the pad so Friul doesn't have to make X number of different tracks, just swap out the treads for another set.

Ah...no problem.

I Think it boils down to that the track pad is too thick for the white metal to cool properly so they made them two pieces. Also you could have two different tread patterns on the outside of the pad so Friul doesn't have to make X number of different tracks, just swap out the treads for another set.

Ahh ok. Thanks Bob. :drinks

Well I'll have the AC running before the heat gets fix, nice day today, overcast but nice temps, nice enough not to worry about the heat not working.

hac372df.jpg

Looks like a battle Bob! I'm dreading this on my kit!

:bang head

The only trouble I'm having Warren are the short ends of the pads, they have to be cleaned up a bit to fit. Couple of swipes with a file takes care of it. Just tedious... :frantic

The only trouble I'm having Warren are the short ends of the pads, they have to be cleaned up a bit to fit. Couple of swipes with a file takes care of it. Just tedious... :frantic

I can only imagine how tedious they are compared to my Tiger's indy tracks :frantic

Friuls built up! Not to link'em, abuse'em, blacken'em, paint'em, weather'em....:bang head

I'm thinking some change of pace for MMM :pilot

Back