• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Some stuff came in the mail last week
053_zps8fzrwcme.jpg

054_zpsnthcjhnm.jpg

056_zps7hayobsf.jpg

and picked this up at the LHS
049_zpspean4ags.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Bud! I was beginning to think my models were too small to see since nobody said anything before this. It is a cool tank and this model box actually comes with two kits inside. I've already started one, but didn't do enough for pics. In another day or two I should have more to show. I'm looking forward to getting this one done.

Latest Acquisitions

Continuing with the AC adventures, I gave myself a little belated birthday present:

h3ec1b31.jpg

I have to fight every fiber to not jump in on one of these, but I'm trying my best to hold off until I finish the Albatross. I just turned 50, I think it's time for me to finish a model. ;)

Latest Acquisitions

Jeff...that Hellcat kit is great. I did one a while back and the only thing keeping me from taking it to shows is I forgot to paint the inside of the cowl :bang head

The FW on the other hand.....:bang head Master Luiz is knocking his out of the park but I fubar it every time I get one. Not an easy build IMHO, slightly over engineered. Has a lovely motor in it though.

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the feedback, shrink wrap will come off the Hellcat first (after the Albie is done).

I grabbed these two blindly (often do) as they were in my area of interest and it stock. I like the idea of the ProfiPACK because I'm a sucker for the color PE IPs. I didn't want to go down the slope of overthinking and buying abunch of AM and books then bog down like I usually do.

I'd prefer a Bf 109 over the 190 but Eduard PP pickens were slim at MMD when I ordered. These should fit my bill.

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Bud! I was beginning to think my models were too small to see since nobody said anything before this. It is a cool tank and this model box actually comes with two kits inside. I've already started one, but didn't do enough for pics. In another day or two I should have more to show. I'm looking forward to getting this one done.

It's just hard to keep saying " nice kit " all the time. I do see all the post here and I think most of the model y'all get I want to LoL... " 99% of them " :yipee

And that Tank is one of the 99.

Latest Acquisitions

What a surprise! After making the quoted post, I was putting this thing in the stash, and much to my chagrin - I have two of these. That other one it turns out, I won at the raffle at the 2014 Kalamazoo Kontest. I guess one of them for sure will go to the grandson. Maybe we can do a two person group build!

EJ

Won this thing at the club meeting last nite. Kinda crude. Made in Russia from molds done in the 70's, comparable to Aurora kits of the 60's. Only three lines of English in the instructions but four sheets of numbered pictures. Some of the grossest ratlines molded of rubbery plastic that will have to go.

Might take it on, or give it to my grandson.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

What a surprise! After making the quoted post, I was putting this thing in the stash, and much to my chagrin - I have two of these. That other one it turns out, I won at the raffle at the 2014 Kalamazoo Kontest. I guess one of them for sure will go to the grandson. Maybe we can do a two person group build!

EJ

Won this thing at the club meeting last nite. Kinda crude. Made in Russia from molds done in the 70's, comparable to Aurora kits of the 60's. Only three lines of English in the instructions but four sheets of numbered pictures. Some of the grossest ratlines molded of rubbery plastic that will have to go.

Might take it on, or give it to my grandson.

EJ

(y) (y) :rotf :rotf :rotf :drunk

Latest Acquisitions

I bought these for a demonstration I was asked to do at a VFW for the SME meeting.

Professional tools:
Xuron2175ET9180ET.JPG

I am still missing new bottles of Gator's Grip and Dr. Mike's:
CyanoAssortment.JPG

Straight from Asia, for my help on the project:

Click to see inside the box.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Ok I received some stuff this morning ......

hd0aa57d.JPG

Some chain 15 link & 20 link per inch ......

h73f906c.JPG

And some Forty link per inch ..... and I lost one of my truss rod holders .... I'll have three spare ... :eek:ldguy

h3b08f18.JPG

hc59fc06.JPG

h0c75b7d.JPG

A Florence & Cripple Creek ...... open platform coach ..... Nice kit .... this will be for my next O-scale Gas/Electric ..... Thingy ..... :eek:ldguy

h896ccf1.JPG

h0c93897.JPG

h4c229c4.JPG

I also received my Bull Ant So I'll continue with the Texas Midland Motor Car build ..... :eek:ldguy

h7e40784.JPG

Here's the motor truck next to a Quarter ...... fairly tiny ..... :eek:ldguy

Latest Acquisitions

Seeing that chain, have you seen this? Mini naval anchor chain, the way it's supposed to be, done on a 3-D printer. Saw some at the club meeting and immediately ordered some.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Do they print it smaller .... and I guess it is printed with the links joined as it is printed .... :hmmm

Latest Acquisitions

Seeing that chain, have you seen this? Mini naval anchor chain, the way it's supposed to be, done on a 3-D printer. Saw some at the club meeting and immediately ordered some.

EJ

Who did you order that from? It looks very nice.

Back