• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hansa-Brandenburg W.12

How cool is that!

You got pulleys? I need one, the one that's required for the Eindecker was a solid part that didn't lend well to rigging. Got to correct that.

Looking good James! :popcorn

Hey Bob! how many would you like? All I would need would be some dimensions and a decent pic and a replacement pulley would be on the way. (y) :D

How cool is that!

You got pulleys? I need one, the one that's required for the Eindecker was a solid part that didn't lend well to rigging. Got to correct that.

Same as the Eindecker. I drilled through with a tiny bit.
James

Thanks guys. I taped it together last night, or maybe early this morning, I dont remember and it looks so cool. Going to have to watch that I dont get too antsy. BTW this is another great starter kit. Only 6 bracing wires total so if you're looking to try this is a gem.
James

How cool is that!

Same as the Eindecker. I drilled through with a tiny bit.
James

Yeah well there's the first problem, when I removed the kit part from the sprue it bounced, OK, I see it, right there on the cutting mat. I touched it to pick it up and poof..it was gone. :facepalm

How cool is that!

Hey Bob! how many would you like? All I would need would be some dimensions and a decent pic and a replacement pulley would be on the way. (y) :D

Thanks Paul, hey who knows, we might find a nitch market for you and your Watchmaker's lath. :drinks

Some pics of where I am now. The decals for the floats are problematic but I think I can get them on and looking okay.

DSC05061.JPG

DSC05060.JPG

DSC05059.JPG

DSC05058.JPG

DSC05057.JPG

James

Little more done. It took me umpteen tries to make the steering wheel steering cable. Not thrilled with it, but its done. I wanted to rig the cockpit, but at the moment I think its beyond my capabilities. Just not dexterous enough. Last bit of Gunze decal setting applied and the float looks okay. Not great but okay. I think though after a dull coat and a wash it should look better. Next side tomorrow I think.
And of course I cant master the concept of patience so I taped everything up to see what I could see. I very much like it. Thankfully very little is visible when closed up so I don't feel too bad about the rigging now.
Comments and critiques welcome.

DSC05067.JPG

DSC05069.JPG

DSC05070.JPG

DSC05071.JPG

DSC05072.JPG

James

Little more done. It took me umpteen tries to make the steering wheel steering cable. Not thrilled with it, but its done. I wanted to rig the cockpit, but at the moment I think its beyond my capabilities. Just not dexterous enough. Last bit of Gunze decal setting applied and the float looks okay. Not great but okay. I think though after a dull coat and a wash it should look better. Next side tomorrow I think.
And of course I cant master the concept of patience so I taped everything up to see what I could see. I very much like it. Thankfully very little is visible when closed up so I don't feel too bad about the rigging now.
Comments and critiques welcome.

DSC05067.JPG

DSC05069.JPG

DSC05070.JPG

DSC05071.JPG

DSC05072.JPG

James

Looking good James. Control column looks good. What I've bene trying to do is secure the turnbuckle to the line with CA then fake a knot. Just too hard to try and tie a knot that size.

Back