• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Went on a bit of a spending spree with some tax money. All I can say is I've been reading way to many books about sailing ships lately :rotf

Found this one at Goodwill of all places for 10 bucks. Normally goes for about 70 on Ebay.

Picked this one up on Squadron for about 30 with a sale and coupon code I had.

Latest Acquisitions

Nice scores on them floatie thingies!! What scale is the Cutty?

It's 1/96 scale. So a massive beast of a kit. Had to follow a Goodwill employee around for like 15 minutes while they had it on a cart of stuff :rotf

I thot so! Did one back in 1976 took me 8 months & it didn't have the instructions!! :eek:hmy: Had to work from books & pics from the library. :good:
She's a good build have fun & enjoy!! :eek:hyeah

Latest Acquisitions

I did mine in early 80s and had it about 80% rig before I went into the USAF. Came home on leave and the little fingers of my nephews had gotten to it.

That's a nice haul Ryan (y)

Latest Acquisitions

Well, it's been a while but I finally found the time to post these.

These first two acquisitions came as birthday presents from Saul Garcia (Sharkmouth) and Jeff (Ausfwerks). Thanks guys for the awesome birthday presents. I apologize for not getting them posted sooner, but Life kept getting in the way. They sent me some decals, some of which are for vehicles I can't get models of! LOL:

Birthday_2015_II.JPG

The second gift they sent me was these two models. An IBG 15CWT Truck and an IBG Universal Carrier:

Birthday_2015_I.JPG

These next models I had ordered from Hobbylink Japan with some Christmas money but held them in my "private warehouse" until I could get them shipped. These recently came with a few more on the way:

Fujimi JGSDF AA truck:

Birthday_III.jpg

Fujimi JGSDF Radar truck:

Birthday_I.jpg

Fujimi Type 10 tank with Dozer blade:

Birthday_II.jpg

Fujimi German tanker truck:

Birthday_IV.jpg

and a Revell of Germany MAN 5-ton truck:

Birthday_V.jpg

These are the latest I got. With that German MAN truck, I now have the 5-ton, 7-ton and 10-ton trucks in my inventory. Some of these may be started soon, taking me closer to me goal of 700 finished armor models.

That's all for now. Once the second package arrives, I'll post that too. I believe it's the Japanese Patriot set.

Thanks all!

Latest Acquisitions

I found a 1/72 version of this in Atlanta . Fine molds should have been worth a few $$

IJA_KAYABA_KA-GO.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Latest Acquisitions

Well, I received another package today that contained the rest of my Hobbylink Japan order. These are what I got:

Aoshima JGSDF 3-ton truck:

Birthday_VI.jpg

And an Aoshima JGSDF Recoilless Rifle vehicle:

Birthday_VII.jpg

I was quite surprised that the recoilless rifle box came with two kits inside! Sweet!

That's all for now. Given how little money I have left, this will most likely be it for awhile... at least until the Nationals in Columbus...

Thanks for looking in everyone!

Latest Acquisitions

Won this thing at the club meeting last nite. Kinda crude. Made in Russia from molds done in the 70's, comparable to Aurora kits of the 60's. Only three lines of English in the instructions but four sheets of numbered pictures. Some of the grossest ratlines molded of rubbery plastic that will have to go.

Might take it on, or give it to my grandson.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Won this thing at the club meeting last nite. Kinda crude. Made in Russia from molds done in the 70's, comparable to Aurora kits of the 60's. Only three lines of English in the instructions but four sheets of numbered pictures. Some of the grossest ratlines molded of rubbery plastic that will have to go.

Might take it on, or give it to my grandson.

EJ

That is cool. Never seen one before.

Back