• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Saw both the smallest and medium. Could work for 1/700 but a bit large, better for 1/350. Got to say however, even if a bit overscale, it sure looks more like real naval anchor chain than the standard jewelry chain we've used.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

That's another really cool think about 3d printing, you can print interlocked items like this. :hmmm articulated turnbuckles....Very cool!

Latest Acquisitions

Saw both the smallest and medium. Could work for 1/700 but a bit large, better for 1/350. Got to say however, even if a bit overscale, it sure looks more like real naval anchor chain than the standard jewelry chain we've used.

EJ

B) (y)

Latest Acquisitions

That's another really cool think about 3d printing, you can print interlocked items like this. :hmmm articulated turnbuckles....Very cool!

Ahhh yes, rudder hinges, deadeys, blocks, all that tough to replicate ship fittings, Not to mention armor, aircraft.

This I think will be the next "big thing" beyond photo etch. A new era.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

hb5d6abe.JPG

Arrived from the 'old country' this morning. As soon as I saw that it was scheduled for reissue I ordered it. Love this kit, easily the equal of RoG's other 'class leader' the fabulous Hawker Hunters, which IMHO makes this one of the very best 1:72 kits around.

Don't know when it will hit the bench, but I'm fairly certain it will be done in NMF

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Sweet! I may have to pick one of these up too. There's nothing more classic than a kit of a MiG 21, especially a well-made kit! Looking forward to seeing this started.

Latest Acquisitions

I got in some decals for Dewertus (Hubert):
EuroDecalsED48106a.JPG

EuroDecalsED48106b.JPG

Airscale placards for me:
AirScaleAS48PLA01.JPG

AirScaleAS48PLA02.JPG

A second Meng Pickup with ZPU-2:
MengVS005~0.JPG

and a Trumpeter BS-3 gun:

to create this Egyptian beast:
T-100-latrun-2.jpg

Yes, I really should take my own photos...

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

From a private sale. Prices were to good to resist. :yipee

shst8_zpskwl088cr.jpg

From Quarter Kit. For the :geek build. Hippo team markings over JGSDF paint.

206_zpsg9ahoeg2.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Got my taxes done, now back to the bench. Some more stuff came this week

Some PE for my LCM-3 build coming up

Lost my solder equipment so -

solder, flux, heat sink clamps

Some cool looking toothpicks that look like mint hiking sticks, bamboo skewers for tool handles, ex nuts, a free paint mixer, teeny tubing and rod to make rudder hinges for the Little Wood Flattie

EJ

Back