• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju-87B "Picchiatello" - in 1/72 COMPLETED

Flyingbabydoc

Hello everyone,

As I had mentioned in that terrific thread on the Junkers Ju-87G2 by @paddy I was planing on building the Italian version of the Stuka, in this case a B1 version which was used against Malta from bases in Sicily in 1940.

Since the Italian aircraft industry was not able to come up with a good dive bomber (many projects like the Breda Ba.201, the Savoia-Marchetti SM.86 and the Caproni-Vizzola F.5 which never worked out) the Regia Aeronautica had to rely on the good old German Stuka to fullfill that mission. More than 100 Stukas were transferred from the Luftwaffe, being used in Malta, the Balkans and North Africa. Most were B or R versions, but some D versions were also bought and, after the armistice in September 1943, even used by the new aeronautica co-belligerante on the side of the allies!

This particular one is a Ju-87 B1 flown by Lt. Zucconi from Gela (Sicily) against Malta. You can see a very nice simulation of the attacks on this video here:

This is the Airfix 1/72 model with Eduard PE (as usual) and decals from Skymodels.

Thanks for watching.

Cheers

Alex

Initial assemby:
IMG_5307.jpg
IMG_5308.jpg
IMG_5401.jpg
IMG_5402.jpg
IMG_5403.jpg
IMG_5404.jpg
IMG_5405.jpg
IMG_5406.jpg
IMG_5407.jpg
IMG_5408.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg
IMG_5410.jpg
IMG_5411.jpg
IMG_5412.jpg
IMG_5413.jpg

Last edited:
I take care of them after the building phase is complete (or I try to), not in this phase. Next pictures will show what I have done. I do use that great suggestion of a knife instead of sanding them, but the results are incomplete. I will keep on working on that. Scout's honor.

Cheers

Alex

I take care of them after the building phase is complete (or I try to), not in this phase. Next pictures will show what I have done. I do use that great suggestion of a knife instead of sanding them, but the results are incomplete. I will keep on working on that. Scout's honor.

Cheers

Alex
You da man! or the Doc!!

Hi there.

I am going to fast track this one and present the completed pictures.

Again I think I have overdone the weathering. Must work on that, it looks good to the naked eye but in the pictures it is way too much.

In any case another Stuka in my collection.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Alex

IMG_5421.jpg
IMG_5422.jpg
IMG_5424.jpg
IMG_5425.jpg
IMG_5426.jpg
IMG_5428.jpg
IMG_5452.jpg
IMG_5453.jpg
IMG_5455.jpg
IMG_5456.jpg
IMG_5457.jpg

That Stuka does look good in Italian markings. I gotta get one and do that too.

Nice work so far Doc! Keep it coming!

Good job, 1/72 is a hard scale IMHO.

It did make me smile early on when you took pictures before it was painted on a mat marked out in Centimetres and inches.........with a coin for scale :)

Looks great Doc. Love the markings with the color.:good::popcorn
I also really liked that italian torpedo bomber with the all white nose in the film clip. Wish I could get one in 1/32.

Hi there.

I am going to fast track this one and present the completed pictures.

Again I think I have overdone the weathering. Must work on that, it looks good to the naked eye but in the pictures it is way too much.

In any case another Stuka in my collection.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Alex

View attachment 140901View attachment 140902View attachment 140903View attachment 140904View attachment 140905View attachment 140906View attachment 140907View attachment 140908View attachment 140909View attachment 140910View attachment 140911
Hey Doc Alex! It has been a while since we have seen you here on MA and I was wondering how you are doing. I do hope all is well and you and your family are all in good health.
I hope you will check in and say "Hi!" and let us know how you are doing.

Paul

Back