• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italian Regia Aeronautica in Russia 1942

Pictures always seem to bring out the worst in models (at least for me). You can always seem to see stuff in the pics that you couldn't see with the naked eye...and it can be bloody frustrating!

Plus, as long as you (we) are learn from each of our builds, we are progressing forward in our journeys. And really, what more can you ask for?

Keep up the good work. You continually amaze me with your finesse in dealing w/ that 1/72 PE. :Drinks:

@helios: you are so right Chris. Even with the magnifying glasses I don't see as much smudging and imperfections as with the camera. I completely agree with you - I am certainly here to learn from all of you, and I am very thankful for that. Besides, it can only get better right?

Cheers

Alex

You're welcome Alex. You also inspire me to look at my work closer too. Your persistence and willingness to work with P/E that I pass up on is most motivating. And yes, it can only get better!

Well, without PE it does look kinda boring, don't you think? :peacesign2:

Not much progress here but I did get some two new things to go with the diorama. You know I am not one for AFV but I think these two will do nicely. I just have to find some info on the painting that was used by the Regio Esercito (Italian Army) in Russia. If anyone has any sources I would be very thankful...

Cheers

Alex

1622641314756.png

1622641341124.png

To be honest Doc, all my 1/72 scale smaller aircraft were done without P/E and I don't really see them as diminished, if that is the word I'm looking for. Some of my more modern jets have it, only because it was included and the jets were review kits I did and included the P/E to show others who are looking at the kit what to expect.

Those two vehicles are very nice models. I've been looking at getting some of them too for my Italian Army, as well as captured Germans.

To be honest Doc, all my 1/72 scale smaller aircraft were done without P/E and I don't really see them as diminished, if that is the word I'm looking for. Some of my more modern jets have it, only because it was included and the jets were review kits I did and included the P/E to show others who are looking at the kit what to expect.

Those two vehicles are very nice models. I've been looking at getting some of them too for my Italian Army, as well as captured Germans.
Oh Mark, please don't take it as an offense. As usual I am tasting my foot... Sorry, I did not mean that. What I meant is that there is usually little detail to assemble in normal 1/72 kits, so I like the challenge of adding a lot more to the building experience and enjoying the process for a longer while.
I have seen your collection and by no means they lack any interest because of no PE. I really appologize if I did not make myself understood.

No worries Alex. I figured that was the essence of your message. No offense taken. I do know other modelers who always revel in the challenge of adding additional P/E details to their models too. For me, it is just one more thing that slows down the building. Hey, it's a Hobby! Do what you enjoy most in it and keep the projects rolling!

Alex, you are doing great work with the hairy stick. As far as IA colors in Russia in WW2? throw some whitewash over whatever and call it field expedient.

@Barney : That is a good one. I have been doing some research and I found that either these trucks retained (like the airplanes) their desert camouflage or were painted in an incospicuous green similar to verde oliva scuro. Other sources show a different pattern but not in Russia. I guess I will just play with some ideas before committing to anything:

1623050768130.png

Cheers

Alex

Hello again.

@Duke Maddog these trucks are really nice Mark. A bit of a pain to assemble since I am not really familiar with building AFV but I am giving it a try. This is the progress on both of them. There is a lot of retouching to be done but right now I am happy that they are staying glued and not falling apart.

Cheers

Alex

IMG_5832.jpg
IMG_5833.jpg
IMG_5834.jpg
IMG_5835.jpg
IMG_5836.jpg
IMG_5844.jpg
IMG_5845.jpg
IMG_5846.jpg
IMG_5847.jpg
IMG_5848.jpg
IMG_5849.jpg

Thanks Bob and Eric. These things are so weird to build... Not as straightforward as an airplane! But in a way they are nice. Will fit the diorama well.

Cheers

Alex

Wow, for someone not familiar with building AFV you are doing magnificent work! Which kit is that? I would love having one of those in my collection.

Back