• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Fiat CR.42 Falco - Vigna di Valle I - COMPLETED

Flyingbabydoc

Hi there folks,

In continuing with my Italian streak I will enter the campaign with a little gem, an Italeri 1/72 Fiat Cr.42 Falco. I am adding as much PE as I can, since I simply cannot live without PE anymore

I am trying to assemble a "series" of kits representing the aircraft exposed at the Italian Air Force Museum in Vigna di Valle (Bracciano), not far from Rome. I was there in 2014 and it was simply amazing. I am going to model the CR.42 that was restored and brought to the exhibition by a joint effort of many aircraft enthusiasts in Italy. If things turn out ok I will post some other airplanes in this series.

This is going to be the 162-6, from the 162 Squadriglia C.T. (caccia terrestre), 161 Gruppo C.T., Regia Aeronautica based in Gadurra (Rhodes) in 1941.

The initial pictures

Cheers

Alex
IMG_5184.jpg
IMG_5185.jpg
IMG_5186.jpg

And the pictures I took during my visit in 2014.

CIMG3598.JPG
CIMG3599.JPG
CIMG3600.JPG
CIMG3601.JPG
CIMG3602.JPG
CIMG3603.JPG
CIMG3604.JPG
CIMG3605.JPG
CIMG3607.JPG
CIMG3608.JPG
CIMG3621.JPG

Attachments

• CIMG3606.JPG
    CIMG3606.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Interesting choice! Biplanes were surprisingly effecting into WW2, despite conventional belief/thought.

Kit appears cleanly molded, is it? I am more familiar with Revell 1/72 aircraft, which always seem to have a lot of flash and fitment issues

Interesting choice! Biplanes were surprisingly effecting into WW2, despite conventional belief/thought.

Kit appears cleanly molded, is it? I am more familiar with Revell 1/72 aircraft, which always seem to have a lot of flash and fitment issues
Italeri kits are much better than Revell IMO. This is a new re-issue of a kit from the early 2000's which was a new mold. Very sharp and pleasant to assemble. I am a big fan of Italeri (national pride, I am an Italian citizen), and have many of them assembled/on stash. I would recommend!

I need the kit and decals to add to my collection. not many Italian WWII aircraft with teeth!

Regards,

Hi friends,

Just a quick note I am under a lot of stress - lots of 13 - 15 hours days at work.

In any case the progress so far. I am going to try something new in the camouflage so bare with me here. These are Vallejo Acrylics Giallo Mimetico 3 - Verde Mimetico 2 - Marrone Mimetico 2 and Grigio azzuro chiaro undersurfaces. Brush painted as usual.

Thanks for looking in.
IMG_5252.jpg
IMG_5253.jpg
IMG_5254.jpg
IMG_5255.jpg
IMG_5256.jpg

Cheers

Alex

So what's the new techniques Doc :popcorn
After getting the "base" camouflage on, I will use a very diluted background to surgically create miniature "bubbles" that will decrease the other colours and simulate the "pattern of the original camouflage (see below). I did some experiments with an old model and it worked; let's put it to the test here and you will be the judge of that.

Cheers

Alex
CIMG3602.JPG

Back