• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju-87G w/ extras

Thanks for the comments guys. Wow, so it's been a while since I worked on this. Got some stuff done tonight. I am taking this slow and steady as all the PE and resin is really difficult to cross reference with the kit instructions and I tend to go fast and screw up and miss things. If this is too much random stupid pictures just tell me. Anyhoo, I put this little screen thingy on the air intake. Looks cool from the outside but I doubt you'll be able to see it this way once it's all closed up unless I put a light behind it or something.

Stuka16.jpg

Stuka17.jpg

Then I closed up the nose. Seriously, what the hell Hasegawa? No locating pins? I didn't think you were a limited run company.... I put the air intake insert on and this other fun little fiddly bit in the rear here.

Stuka18.jpg

Stuka19.jpg

I also finally painted and mounted the ammo boxes for the MG. I used a lighter color just for some variation.

Stuka20.jpg

Lastly, I got the resin pods around the guns. At this point I am not impressed by the Aries resin for this kit. The fit is crap and the detail is only so so. I would suggest that unless you must have the doors on the cannon pods open you just buy the metal barrels and the Big Ed set and forget the resin all together. Most of the resin and the PE is redundant anyway.

Stuka21.jpg

Thanks for looking and being patient. I'm not a very fast builder lately. :java

The answer is NO. There is no such thing as too much posting ... Well, maybe but not in this case !

Enjoying this build. :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments guys. Wow, so it's been a while since I worked on this. Got some stuff done tonight. I am taking this slow and steady as all the PE and resin is really difficult to cross reference with the kit instructions and I tend to go fast and screw up and miss things. If this is too much random stupid pictures just tell me. Anyhoo, I put this little screen thingy on the air intake. Looks cool from the outside but I doubt you'll be able to see it this way once it's all closed up unless I put a light behind it or something.

Stuka16.jpg

Stuka17.jpg

Then I closed up the nose. Seriously, what the hell Hasegawa? No locating pins? I didn't think you were a limited run company.... I put the air intake insert on and this other fun little fiddly bit in the rear here.

Stuka18.jpg

Stuka19.jpg

I also finally painted and mounted the ammo boxes for the MG. I used a lighter color just for some variation.

Stuka20.jpg

Lastly, I got the resin pods around the guns. At this point I am not impressed by the Aries resin for this kit. The fit is crap and the detail is only so so. I would suggest that unless you must have the doors on the cannon pods open you just buy the metal barrels and the Big Ed set and forget the resin all together. Most of the resin and the PE is redundant anyway.

Stuka21.jpg

Thanks for looking and being patient. I'm not a very fast builder lately. :java

Ahh...and the fingers of a fine modeler, covered with paint! :rotf

Looking fine Adam, :popcorn

Is there any other company besides Aries that builds these cannons? I just got my old heller kit, it gets the overdone detailing too,

Thanks guys.

Krypto I don't think there is another company that makes the pods. I did a lot of research for the AM on this kit and those were the only ones I came across. You can have my Hasegawa ones if you want them. Speaking of AM for this kit I cannot believe I cannot find an aftermarket decal sheet for this!

Anyhoo, bigish update today, well a lot of pictures anyways.

Fuselage is together, cockpit in and wings on. I even put the freaking PE rudder pedals in there. I spent an entire night folding them and another half a night trying to attach them. That was a lesson in patience and you can't see them in real life or in the pictures! Oh well I know they're there.... :bang head

Stuka22.jpg

Stuka23.jpg

Stuka24.jpg

Stuka25.jpg

Next I got the radiator air ducts on. Then I tackled the globs of plastic that are supposed to represent actuating arms for the ailerons and flaps. The PE for this is very nice but I'm not attaching that until after I am done handling the thing. Finally I dealt with the step seam where Hasegawa added the plugs for the extended wingtips of the D-5/G-2. This is a known problem with this kit. It's nothing a litte sanding won't take care of but you destroy some detail in the process. All of that was rescribed. You may also notice the dab of Mr. Surfacer on the bottom wing. My kit had a weird gouge in it that looked like it was made by some kind of tool. I didn't notice it when I took everything out of the box, but I sure don't see how I could have done it.

Stuka27.jpg

Stuka28.jpg

Next I tackled the gun mounting brackets. This has been the most time consuming part of this build to date. I call it PE oragami and it has been absolutely ridiculous. Each bracket you see is tons of tiny parts that must be bent and glued. Gaaaahhhhhhhh :bang head I had tons of fun. Fun right? That's what this is.... fun!

Stuka29.jpg

Stuka30.jpg

Stuka31.jpg

Finally, I removed the gear and wheels from the pour stubs and cleaned them up.

Stuka32.jpg

Ooops

Stuka33.jpg

Hopefully now that some of the more tedious stuff is out of the way this will go a little quicker. I'm getting excited as I'm closer and closer to painting and that is what I really like to do. Thanks for looking in a keeping up with this.

Keep on modeling!!!!! :gogo

Ouch! that pilot must of banged that bird down hard to split that tyre........!!!

Excellent progress Adam, I'm watching your work very closely !!!!!

Adam I appreciate the offer for the gun pods, but thats OK- the Heller kit I'm working on is made of supersoft plastic, and though it will look nice, I'm not going to fight it to add any more detailing than the basic kit offers, to me the Heller kit is not worth it. Besides I'm building mine as a B- I don't think that model had the cannons.

This hasegawa offering looks great, cant wait to see how it turns out!

Back