• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju-87G w/ extras

Adam

Here we go! I've been slowly collecting stuff for this build and now it is time to start. I'll be building this Hasegawa kit with the following extras:

Quickboost exhaust
Quickboost unspatted gear
Vector MG-81Z
Eduard Big Ed PE set
Aries 37mm BK pods
Master Model 37mm metal barrels

I was also going to use the True Details wheels because I liked the look of them but they have bubbles everywhere so I'll be using the quickboost ones.

Stuka1.jpg

Stuka2.jpg

Stuka3.jpg

Tonight I dug into the Aries 37mm pods and got most of the main parts cleaned up. I was disappointed with the amount of little detail bits that were broken off my examples but they are all reattached now. I also mounted the metal barrels.

Stuka4.jpg

Here we can see the difference between the Master Model muzzle, the Aries muzzle, and the kit muzzle. Eduard also supplies the muzzles in their PE sets but I'm not gonna bother rolling those when I have these.

Stuka5.jpg

I also assembled this MG-81Z from Vector.

Stuka6.jpg

It is a nice little gun and much better than the kit offering.

Stuka7.jpg

Come to find out that gunsight is coming right back off because the Ju-87 uses a different set up. Oh well.

Next up I'll be working on the cockpit. Most of the Eduard PE gets used in there so it should be fun. This will be a long and involved build for me. Please stay tuned and I hope you enjoy it! :geek

Thanks guys. I spent all evening cutting all the molded plastic detail off the floor and fiddling with PE. This stuff is all ready for paint and then I can apply the color PE.

Here are the seats:

Stuka8.jpg

Radio equipment and gunner's area:

Stuka9.jpg

And check out these cool ammo boxes for the machine gun:

Stika10.jpg

At this rate with all the surgery required and just the sheer amount of PE I should be done with this in about 10 years. :silly:

Thanks for looking and keep on modeling!

Looking good Adam. Strangely enough I spent the majority of the day removing plastic from a cockpit and folding PE. myself... :bang head . Of course mine is a wee bit smaller.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well I got the cockpit pretty much done. I think it needs a little wash or something. What do you guys think?

Stuka11.jpg

Stuka12.jpg

Stuka13.jpg

Stuka14.jpg

I am looking forward to getting the fuselage closed up. Thanks for stopping by! More to come.... :gogo

Hi Adam. Looking very good. It could probably use a little bit of wear and tear but frankly I could be proud of the way it is now.
Amazing how much better the 1/48 kits are than the 1/72 scale one. The difference was not always that dramatic.
Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. A small update. I could not get the PE on this little grill to fit right so I scratched it out of plastic.

Stuka15.jpg

Little by little I'm whittling away at it.

Back