• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JU 87 B/R

Hi Christian,

Indeed the squared front end is for a dust filter making your aircraft either a Ju 87B-2/Trop or Ju 87R/Trop depending on whether you add extra fuel tanks. That sketch is from a Hungarian book from the Makettstudio series.

Sorry about not responding more frequently.

Regards,

(y) (y) That's a lot of detail in there!

These castings are awesome . I wonder why there was not a version made for the JU 87B , or for that matter , why did Academy not follow through with a JU 87B/R ?
This also means that the cockpit will be somewhat incorrect but better than mostly empty :idonno
Their G model is very nice.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have a lot of references, including actual manuals, thanks to these subjects with a common theme:
h136fc8e.jpg

h343c551.jpg

Look at the white wash artist...
h4aaee86.jpg

There are two snakes (compare spots) but I have yet to see it on the starboard side...
h917ce9f.jpg

h77c9b43.jpg

h3f8caee.gif

h36c970c.jpg

Regards,

Thank Saul . I was aware of the two snakes .

My question was about the right side of the bird . Was i also painted or not . Different theories but no pictures .

Do they always paint both sides ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Meanwhile I found more stuff I could not live...Or is it without ?

The grab holes in the fuselage are a pretty obvious item . However :coolio

ju_87_hand_holds_001A.jpg

So, careful drilling and remembering not to have accidents with # 11 blade :blink

ju_87_hand_holds_003A.jpg

Now I need some sprue behind the holes.

Another small point. An effort to embellish this streamlining feature on the stabilizer . Latter tails also had another fairing forward of the this piece.

ID_shot_003a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

How about a trophy with celebrity presenters?

flying_fickle_finger_of_fate.jpg

Boy, did I ever date myself with this one? :rotf

:drinks

Well, not mud=ch progress today as the glue bottle has been fighting me :fencing

Some progress though

cockpit_001a~0.jpg

I'll try and assemble it tomorrow

Cheers'Christian B)

Back