• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ilyushin Il-2m3 Stormovik

heb53061.JPG

h72b1b54.JPG

h3d77d6e.jpg

Did a black sludge wash, let it set up and a lot of wiping off. The underside got quite dirty. Need to add more later to the bottom. Gary S.

h1d1f34e.JPG

hc75c2ef.JPG

hac9800b.JPG

Used white artist oil to highlight the panels on the wings, both upper and lower. The lower being lt. blue is harder to see. Still need to do fuselage and tail. After curing a flat coat will be applied and more staining. Gary S.

This is one of the best looking aircraft I have ever seen you are doing a excellent job Gary keep up the fine work and you'll be flying soon ... (y) :woohoo: :pilot

This is one of the best looking aircraft I have ever seen you are doing a excellent job Gary keep up the fine work and you'll be flying soon ... (y) :woohoo: :pilot

Thanks!! I guess I'll have to post some of my other stuff too. Gary S.

h89de9b1.jpg

h993e399.jpg

h0007164.jpg

hd0686e9.jpg

Here's some of my favorites. Gary S.

h9dfa614.JPG

h415f4a4.JPG

hd6e8265.JPG

h062bda9.JPG

hd378bd4.JPG

I modified one of the main gear to be partially retracted or partially down, depending how it's looked at. Had a fun time getting them installed. Then it was time for the flat coat. After removing the canopy mask it was reviled to see a fog inside. Not sure why. Same thing happened on the A-10 and it cleaned up with a coat of future. Gary S.

Back