• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ilyushin Il-2m3 Stormovik

Good stuff (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D Man but this makes me think hard about my flying tank. Might have to pull it out and look at it tonight.
James

h0a55ca6.JPG

hf404c73.JPG

Underside and 2 top colors painted. Need more practice with this airbrush. Gary

(y) Progress . You're definitely moving forward .

I guess we could all make that statement on airbrushes . The line keeps moving :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Doing good, might want to thin a bit more to keep the overspray down, or less air pressure. it's a tricky balance.

Doing good, might want to thin a bit more to keep the overspray down, or less air pressure. it's a tricky balance.

Thanks, I used to do a lot better with my trusty and old Binks Yren single action AB till the needle got bent. I have a Harbor Frieght dual action AB now and don't use it often enough to get proficient. Gary S.

Take the bent needle and roll it over a sharpening stone with some back and forth action. I fixed the needle of my Sotar like that, saved some money!

Take the bent needle and roll it over a sharpening stone with some back and forth action. I fixed the needle of my Sotar like that, saved some money!
I'll have to try that. In the meantime, the model has been masked off for the brown color. I made the wing mask by blowing up the cammo instructions and cutting them out. Mabey tonight after work I can get it done. The weather has been warm enough lately for garage painting. Gary S.

h1d36710.JPG

h67ebcfe.JPG

Touchups done, a coat of future, landing light added and the trim tabs painted. Ready for decals. Gary S.

Last night as I was attempting to attach the diagonal stripe to the tail I banged it into my mag lamp. Off went the mass balancer to the rudder. :bang head Lucky I found it on the floor. A long time ago I placed a piece of clear carpet protector under my work table and chair. Gary S. :yipee

Never met an IL-2 where that mass damper did not become a problem. I think my next one will have a metal one made before I even start :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Never met an IL-2 where that mass damper did not become a problem. I think my next one will have a metal one made before I even start :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

I know!! What really made me mad was the fact that I was trying to be very carefull during construction and only came close a couple of times. One lax moment and BING!! off it goes. Gary S.

Last night as I was attempting to attach the diagonal stripe to the tail I banged it into my mag lamp. Off went the mass balancer to the rudder. :bang head Lucky I found it on the floor. A long time ago I placed a piece of clear carpet protector under my work table and chair. Gary S. :yipee

Nice save! :popcorn

Back